Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, you know what I don't like about Michaels (which isn't much) you can not use there coupons on any books or mags. I try to go to joanns but my luck they have a 10% off that week. I get so many of my patterens off the computer. But some times I would like a book to look back on. Im not a fast learner. I've been working on a lovely bag and have started it about five times now. I know the patteren by hart. LOL
    good stiches
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy 90% of my yarns online. But there are a couple of very nice specialty yarn shops here in town that I'll get to a couple of times each year.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually go to Joann's or Michael's. For fancy or specialized yarn I go to a local yarn shop called Anna's Yarn Shoppe or buy online.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to shop at Walmart the most, but now and then I take the hour drive to Michaels, and the newly opened Joann fabric and hobby lobby. I was thrilled to have them come to our area.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Walmarts (there are 2 within my driving distance) got rid of a lot of their craft stuff - yarn included. That was a bummer. I'd rather go to Joann's than Michael's myself, but I do enjoy going to the local specialty yarn shop. Everyone in there is great and very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually shop AC Moore or Hobby Lobby. We have a New Michael's opening soon...so you know I'll be there as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish we had a Hobby Lobby close enough to me. At least I can buy stuff from their online store.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like shopping at joanne's. it is a good place to order online, also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aglidewell View Post
    i like shopping at joanne's. it is a good place to order online, also.
    Welcome to the group! I noticed this is your first post - glad you have you here!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have three Walmarts in driving distance of us, they cut back and tried to cut out the yarns at ours also, but I have been told they had so many complaints that they put them back. So why not find a manager to complain to, or if you can find a website to complain to. It can't hurt to try. Maybe they will bring them back for you if you get enough people to help you out.
    Good luck.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnie View Post
    Our Walmarts (there are 2 within my driving distance) got rid of a lot of their craft stuff - yarn included. That was a bummer. I'd rather go to Joann's than Michael's myself, but I do enjoy going to the local specialty yarn shop. Everyone in there is great and very helpful.