Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to do brighter colors for myself - something new for me! I love Hobby Lobby's 'Love That Yarn'. It's so soft and pretty cheap. I find that I'm working more and more with #3 yarn because it drapes so much better. Actually - I don't think I've ever met a yarn I didn't like except a boucle from JoAnn's. I finally gave it away!

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE verigated yarn... and Color, Color, Color!!! I think the change in color keeps me interested in what I'm doing...

4. Likes Judi Gums, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me? I'm a blue girl! I crochet mostly with Caron Simply Soft or Red Heart yarn! Where do you buy your yarn? I usually get mine at AC Moore or Walmart! Some of our Dollar Stores are carrying yarn now and you can get good buys there! I have bought yarn on line, especially special yarn for a special project!

6. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the basic Red Heart yarn for mostly afghans. I find that it holds up for many years of use. On occasion I will buy expensive yarns from my favorite yarn store. The Caron Simply Soft yarns are also wonderful to use. Nice and soft and not very expensive.
    Baby yarns are nice to work with, but use a smaller hook size.
    I use so many different yarns, that I would have to go through my stash to name them all. Some are nicer than others, just depends on what I am working on at the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna,
    I know the boucle that you are taking about. At first, I didn't like it at all after knitting a shrug, with a very expensive wool mixed yarn, for a friend. It was a very soft yarn. The boucle felt hard to the touch, but after knitting a few inches and feeling the drape, I now can say I love it. Just depends on what you are making at the time. I am making a shawl for myself with it. It would also make a nice light weight summer shirt as well. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Carynjoyb; 03-15-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added Donna's name

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carynjoyb

What yarn did you combine the boucle with? I would love to be able to use it!

10. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna,
    I didn't combine it with any other yarn. I'm using it as is. The brand is Sensations, and I do believe it is made especially for Jo-Ann Stores. They recomend a size I hook for crocheting. I'm using a 7, but I am knitting with it. It knits up very well. I will try to crochet with it and let you know how it works up. :O)