Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Myra,
    Thank you so much for the compliment. I bet once you get back into sewing it will come back to you as you do not forget once you learn and everything will be fine. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Again thanks so much for your nice compliments.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, This little dress is beautiful. Great job! Especially with no pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dafydil View Post
    Spoula, This little dress is beautiful. Great job! Especially with no pattern.
    Hello dafydil, Thank you so much. I did not have a pattern just something in my head I wanted to make.

I finally got to see my granddaughter in the dress and unfortunately it was too tight in the bodice and the length was too long. I can fix the length but it is impossible to correct the bodice without destroying the whole dress. I might be able to give the dress to my great niece that was born yesterday. Lots of black hair and she weighted 7 pounds 2 ozs.

I looked at it and after all the hand work and intricate stitching I know I can't salvage it. I sewed all the seams shut to look neat and clean on the inside and it is too much work for me to rip it out. I will just make another one a little bigger and a little shorter. Or I could take the advice of Sweet Sue and cut it up the back and make a pinafore. That would be even better. I have time to think about it.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Carrieyounice, Thank you I am glad you liked the dress and yes it is true we work hard for our grandchildren.

What did you mean "I know this was a few years ago"? I didn't understand that sentence.

Spoula
    I guess I'm just not very tech savvy. When I saw your post, I thought I had stumbled upon a post from years back. I just love the little dress. Thanks for sharing.