Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello,

I put down my crochet hook for awhile and decided to make a little dress for my grand daughter's birthday. I did not finish it in time for the birthday party as I had planned.

I didn't have a pattern and I wish I had as I started to cut out the top, I cut it to her measurements and forgot all about the seams. It has been many years since I have sewn anything in a long time. I embroidered the top in a single rose.

I did this dress all by hand not a machine and I have lots of pricks on every finger. I stitched the neck, sleeves and belt in tiny pink stitches but you cannot see them in the picture. I simply cannot take good pictures.

Spoula
    Dear Spoula,
    I haven't been on in a while and I just now saw your beautiful little dress. You are so Blessed. You have such talents that I am in awe.

I used to make clothes for my kids when they were young. I didn't have a sewing machine again until lately. I would like to get back into it. I could never do what you did tho.

Your grandbaby will look awesome in her new dress. What a keepsake!! Grandma sewed this dress all by hand!!! WOW!!!!!!!

Thank You for sharing your talents with us. I love to see all the great talent, ideas, everything that is posted here.

Myra

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Myra,
    Thank you so much for the compliment. I bet once you get back into sewing it will come back to you as you do not forget once you learn and everything will be fine. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Again thanks so much for your nice compliments.
    Spoula