Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half double stitches.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite is the half double stitch. I learned a new stitch today, the lemon peel stitch. Thanks.
    Leona

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Barbara G.;206891]Crochet Related FUN Question:

What is your favorite crochet stitch? Why is it your favorite? [/QUOTE]

The most versatile stitch I know is the crab stitch; I use is as an edging on both my crocheted and knitted items to give a firm and decorative border. It works on things from blankets to scarves.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Half double

I like the half double crochet. It is pretty and can be used in different ways.

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcourteau View Post
    I like the half double crochet. It is pretty and can be used in different ways.
    what do you mean it can be used in different ways? Can you clarify?

Post Thanks / Like

Half double

I make a lot of doll clothes. When you are working on the skirt, sometimes you crochet in the back loop to make a ridge that you can then later add another color and make a ruffle. You can also use the hdc and crochet in the extra loop. It makes a nice row on the front of the item. I also have a pattern for a doll purse/bassinette on one of the rows you crochet in the loop below the top two and it makes the side stay down. On the neck of dresses it also gives a different look. Sorry if I didn't explain very well.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dcourteau View Post
    I make a lot of doll clothes. When you are working on the skirt, sometimes you crochet in the back loop to make a ridge that you can then later add another color and make a ruffle. You can also use the hdc and crochet in the extra loop. It makes a nice row on the front of the item. I also have a pattern for a doll purse/bassinette on one of the rows you crochet in the loop below the top two and it makes the side stay down. On the neck of dresses it also gives a different look. Sorry if I didn't explain very well.
    I think I understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tulip and Jan Marie, My apologies for the delay in answering your posts; had a small run in with some stairs. In a nut shell, chain an even number, dc in he second chain, sc in the next chain, dc in the next. You always begin a row with a ch1 and end the row with a dc. It's a nice dense stitch for scarves and lapghans. Dafy