I started to crochet the 4 sets of 3 dc and wasn't sure about the next rows so I got the idea that I could just crochet small squares - the 4 sets of 3 dc, the start of the granny square, and crochet them together for a lapgan.

Well, it turned out I ss 2 squares tog back to back w/30 squares ss tog for a strip w/15 squares on ea side. I made 8 of these strips and ss the strips tog. I then ss across the other way and today thought I just had some yarn ends to weave in but some of the ss had come out and so I took out some more yarn so I could redo it and I got to the end of the row w/the slip stitches, which wasn't far, had to add another piece of yarn (which I knotted) so I could weave in the yarn. I don't like knots even at the end of my row.

It turns out it's 240 squares, That's 15 across one way and 16 across the other way. I thought about putting a border on it but now I'm not so sure about it. I could just ss around for the border. It turned out to be a bigger project than I thought it would be.