Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Flesh color yarn for dolls

Sorry I can’t remember who posted about flesh color yarn. I use Caron Simply Soft in Soft Pink color. I searched a great deal to find the right color for my amigurumis. This yarn is nearly perfect. It isn’t really pink. Worked out fine for angels I made. Hope member who needs it sees this post! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty, I think it was another lady that asked about that yarn. I did post the other day when I was making a cross stitch picture of my 2 year old grandson. I used DMC thread and the color assigned looked orange to me for his face and hands. My grandson is not orange and not pink as he plays outside all the time and has a little farmers tan. I have finished the cross stitch now and next time I make a picture I will double check the thread I thought the orange color would have been lighter but it was not and I had completed to may other stitches to pull it out.

Thanks for the tip for the soft pink color yarn that is good to know.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome,Spoula. Skin tones seem to be a problem no matter what craft is being done. You don’t know if it is right til you try it. Applause to you for doing a cross stitch picture. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Imalefty, I wanted to take a break from crochet and a lady on here posted a picture she made with yarn and also posted the website for the chart. I picked a picture and made it small to see if I could do it. To me it looks like him except the color. I like to cross stitch but my eyes are not what they use to be. I may try the other baby and use the lighter thread for face and skin.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula-I know what you mean about cross stitching and vision. I am nearly done with a birth sampler and it made me realize I need stronger glasses! Only have to put date and birth weight on. But won’t attempt any more cross stitch til I get the new glasses. Crocheting is my favorite anyway. Working on a round mandala throw from a Red Heart pattern. Seven colors and color changes almost every round. I am very pleased with it. What’s your current project? imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi imalefty, I had to get new glasses too. I can see much better now but need to bring the work up a little closer to find those tiny holes. ( I think my next pair of glasses will be the thickness of the bottom of a Pepsi or Coke bottle). I did the different color hands when my grandson was born with his birth weight and name. I made two one for me and his maternal grandmother so we would have the same thing. She doesn't know how to do any kind of needle work.

My current project is to finish the lacy dress I was making for my baby granddaughter. I got stuck on row 10 and put it down. Picked up the cross stitch and now that it is completed I went back to the dress. I got through row 10 all the way up row 16 but just think it looks funny. Pulled it back out to row 14 and starting over again. I need to finish rows 15 and 16 then to do rows 10 through row 16 one more time and do the sleeves, buttons and ribbon for the waist then I will be finished. I find when I use lighter yarn or thread I see the stitches better the darker the yarn or thread is difficult for me to see. So the dress I am making is Denim Blue with super fine #1 yarn. It is so soft this yarn would be better with a different pattern. The dress pattern would be better with a thread to show off the detail better. With the yarn so soft the detail is lost in the folds of the skirt. Anyway If I don't like it once it is completed I can always start over again.
    Spoula