Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

interlocking crochet

2. Thanks Nova55, kitty jean thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh this is so pretty and looks like fun to do.
    Thanks,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Spoula. Have you or does anyone else make a slip stitch before joining the new yarn like she does on the video?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    When I change colors and the new color is for the next row I do the same as her. Before I complete my last stitch I join the new color and pull it through the last stitches on my hook. I don't think it was a slipstitch that she did in the video. If it was I missed it. I like your videos and the tutorials you post. I learned a lot of new stitches watching these post and I got reintroduced to some I had forgotten.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula,
    I mean that she makes a sl st w/the new color yarn before she pulls the yarn through the last 2 loops of the last stitch of the old yarn. I pull the new yarn through the last 2 loops of the old yarn stitch but I don't make a slip knot first w/the new yarn before I pull the yarn through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I see what you are saying now. I didn't catch that in the video. No I don't slip stitch first some folks do so that the thread or yarn doesn't pull out. I pull my new yarn through the last two loops and crochet the ends on the next row. Then I pull that end tight and cut it off. You don't see it in the finished pattern. This is how it was done a long time ago but now there are so may new ideas it is like learning crochet all over again. I love it. I don't have time to do all the pretty patterns I have seen or to use the new stitches that you have shared with us. I like to see what is new and I love a challenge to make new things.
    Thanks for sharing all the new ideas with us.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    I guess I should've said slip knot instead of slip stitch but you figured it out. I pull the new yarn through the last 2 loops and crochet the ends partway and then weave in the last part of the yarns.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same looks like we have been crocheting for awhile the old way but who says you can't teach an old dog to do new tricks. Ha.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Your Welcome Spoula. Have you or does anyone else make a slip stitch before joining the new yarn like she does on the video?
    I was taught how to crochet by my Aunt about 61 years ago (I was a bed-ridden child) and am the only male in the area that actively crochets. This is the way that I was taught to join new yarn by (making the slip stitch that is) and for what it is worth my Aunt came from Sweden where she was taught how to crochet.

I have kept up crocheting for just a few years now,
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    I've always started new yarn as Spoola described. My Grandmother taught me to crochet and did not allow knots of any sort other than the slip knot to begin the chain.
    Dafy