Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Some good ideas for you. Great of you to want to give her such thoughtful gifts.
    There are crochet magazines also available at craft stores if someone has not mentioned them.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnleona View Post
    Some good ideas for you. Great of you to want to give her such thoughtful gifts.
    There are crochet magazines also available at craft stores if someone has not mentioned them.
    I freakin love that idea! As a gift, and also as way to subconsciously get her even more into it. With a crochet magazine laying around she will no doubt be reading it and then just naturally learning more and more.
    I dig it. Thanks for the suggestion

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again. I just wanted to thank all you guys one more time and let you know how I made out. It was difficult without knowing her preferences but I thought a gift card was just too impersonal.
    I ended getting a mid sized tote bag thing with all kinds of zippers and pocket. It has a clear zip up too with 3 grommets to work out of the bag.
    I got her a generic set of aluminum hooks, and a little kit that includes all the little type of chochkys — markers, measuring tape, pins needles, counter, scissors etc... came with a little zip up case to store everything (and the bag also has one built into it) also in the bag i bought a “everything you need to know about crochet for beginners” book.
    I picked up a nice wood yard bowl for $50, and it even comes in a velvet red and white drawstring bag—looks fancy! I know she will like the bowl as she currently uses something similar (just not made for crochet, constantly pulling more yarn as needed)
    I bought a big variety pack of yarn online and when it arrived they were tiny- size of clementines. Oh well. Good filler in the bag at least. I pulled em through the grommets for presentation’s sake.
    And last but not least I included a gift card to the local yarn shop “Woolbearer” in Mt Holly NJ. She can load up there for the yarn. Really quality shop (The good stuff ain’t cheap!!!). The shop also does classes— owner was very helpful, as well as some patrons there shopping.
    We have ourselves a budget for Christmas since we are buying a house in a few weeks. I went a little over but I don’t think she’ll mind 🤓. MERRY CHRISTMAS. 🎅🏽😜Help! Need guidance for X-Mas present.-299dfe90-5dc4-456c-ba73-0378ab208a62-jpg
    Help! Need guidance for X-Mas present.-ff230915-99b8-46df-88f4-91ab1fe9ca30-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best things you can purchase for her is a set of nips of shears used only for cutting yarn. There are many of shears and choice is a personal choice. I like to use the shear that has a retractable spring so that after you cut your yarn/thread it automatically opens back us ready for the next use. Others may well prefer a more standard scissor.

I also use a counter app on my cell phone which can be downloaded for FREE. There are times when you need to count either rows of a large number of stitches, etc. when this counter is beneficial.

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner and I do wish you a Happy Christmas and wish your wife all of the best. I myself have crocheted for over 60 years and this year I have made over 20 items that I am giving for Christmas. I enjoy making items for family/friends and I believe they look forward. I have made everything this year from tree skirts to sweaters and it is such a joy -- my point is to not let your lady give up on this great pass time and is something that keeps my hands busy at night after a day of whatever while watching tv, etc. All the best to you and your family.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    You said it. And Something she strives for as well. If you can find a hobby that you have passion for that brings you joy, but also can bring others joy? Well what’s not to love?
    I myself kept a family winemaking tradition going and developed my own passion. Always learning and improving. And really do love giving bottles out around Christmas time. I know she has similar plans with crocheting. Always thinking about potential future items for different friends and families.
    Btw the one tool kit i bought included a pair of spring loaded shears as you described. In time I expect her to find her way and preferences. And expect her to gradually upgrade her tools as needed. Happy holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is your wife on Crochet Talk?

Post Thanks / Like
    That is an awesome gift and very thoughtful. Well done sir.

Spoula