Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    The actual "hook" on my steel hooks, even though they're Boye, aren't all that great...or at least I don't think so. If I'm trying to do a pattern that calls for using two strands, it's very difficult, even thought the thread is small. I'll have to look for the Tulip brand. I haven't heard of it before.

Post Thanks / Like
    ”Tulip Co., Ltd”@Handicraft>Crochet Hooks I just found out about company which produces hooks. Mine had golden head many years ago lOL. It s interesting - they make a lot of types of hooks and handles too but I have never seen them in sell here

Post Thanks / Like

Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by KathyFuller View Post
    The actual "hook" on my steel hooks, even though they're Boye, aren't all that great...or at least I don't think so. If I'm trying to do a pattern that calls for using two strands, it's very difficult, even thought the thread is small. I'll have to look for the Tulip brand. I haven't heard of it before.

Kathy, I still have my steel hooks which I have had for over 40 yrs. I brought them with me when I migrated to Canada. They were Milward Steel hooks. However, for the "yarn" I much prefer Susan Bates' hooks over Boyle's. I have some that are Aero. I like the angle of the "hook" in the Susan Bates ones and find it grasps the yarn much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't bought any new hooks in a long time. I remember using Susan Bates hooks years ago, but thru several moves over the years, they were lost along the way. I've lived here for 18 years and have managed to keep track of them. I did buy the Crochet Lite hooks about 6 or 7 years ago and have used them exclusively for yarn. I'll have to look for some Susan Bates next time I go out and give one a try and see if I like it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good. let me know how you find them. I am going to ck. out the Lite ones. Have a great afternoon. The weather is nice here - not too hot, not too cool. Just right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'd LOVE that!! I'm always TOO hot!! I've always said it can never be too cold or too snowy for me. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it hot. Guess I am still a hot blooded woman. Was born in a hot country. Never could get accustomed to the Winters and I have been living here 36 yrs. I just don't like when it is humid and muggy. Yuk and i can't sleep at nights. It could be cold for me at nights and nice and hot during the day with a lovely breeze - like back in my home country - breeze coming off of the Ocean.
    Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is your home country? I'm from KY in the states. I've always lived here and can't imagine living anywhere else. We have all 4 seasons and, well, it's just great!! My favorite time of year is fall with all the colors of the trees and everything. Then, spring, followed by winter and lastly, summer. LOL I so HATE being hot and humid!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KathyFuller View Post
    Where is your home country? I'm from KY in the states. I've always lived here and can't imagine living anywhere else. We have all 4 seasons and, well, it's just great!! My favorite time of year is fall with all the colors of the trees and everything. Then, spring, followed by winter and lastly, summer. LOL I so HATE being hot and humid!!! LOL

I am from Guyana, South America. We only have two seasons, rain and sunshine. I do however, enjoy the four seasons here, I just don't like the bitter cold Winters. I don't think your Winters are as cold as ours although we have had a pretty good Winter recently. Can't complain at all followed by lots of rain.

10. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'm sure your winters are much worse up there. We didn't actually have winter here, this year. I never even had on a heavy coat. I'm hoping for a colder, snowier winter this year, but I doubt if it will happen, but we can always hope!!! LOL