Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Denise, I know this is gonna sound crazy but, when I was little I watched my grandmother use a mixture of sugar and hot water and dip her doilies she made into it . She squeezed the doily out and laid it on a towel til it was just slightly dry and then shaped the rim around the edge into a ruffle. They were white doilies and did not discolor. I told you it would sound strange, but they looked beautiful under our lamps! I'm sorry I don't know how much sugar and water was used to do this...I wonder if you could google this to find out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Google "how to shape doilies like grandma....It is exactly like my grandma did it, I guess I am not crazy after all! LOL....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Ladies, I found a product that seems to be doing the trick. It's called "Stiffen Stuff", made by Beacon adhesives. It's a spray that hardens more than the spray starch. I've only tried one coat so far and it's pretty stiff, some of the lacier earrings may need two coats. It doesn't seem to be affecting the color of the thread. Yea! I found it at a Michaels craft shop.
    Thanks again for all your input!