Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....just curious...

Hi everyone.

I am new here and to crocheting. I was just wondering how long everyone has been crocheting for and what got you into it.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I crochet during 20 years. I have started with doilies and now I prefer filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    That's great!

Right now I am trying to make a granny square. Should I start with something else for my first time?

Post Thanks / Like
    A granny square is OK. They are easy to crochet and colorful. Some doilies are hard to make. You will do a nice thing!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been watching videos to try and learn. Its taking a while. Sooner or later I will get it. I hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Apejaz, I've been crocheting more than 60 years. I teach in a church crochet group and several of the ladies who just learned a few months ago are just wizzing along and wanting to learn new patterns. Dafy

Post Thanks / Like
    Apejaz, You might want to try a nice scarf. Just make some chains that will measure about 8 inches (width) and then single crochet in each chain when you get to the end chain 1 and turn your work. Continue doing this for as long as you want your scarf to be. Single crochets are simple and they really look good on scarfs and blankets. Plus they work up fast and you get satisfaction on a nice scarf and a completed project.

Good luck just keep crocheting,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought of that. Maybe I will try that. I hope I get the hang Of this soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Apejaz, Jean Marie a lady on this forum posted a video of a one skein mini blanket. The pattern is very simple but the finished blanket looks like it was hard to do. This would also be a good pattern for you to try. It has double crochet stitches and it works up quickly. The video is very clear on how to make the stitches. If you don't want to make the blanket just look at the video to learn some new stitches.
    Below is the link to the video Jean Marie posted in case you can't find her post.

Thanks Jean Marie for sharing.

Spoula