Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

I was born in the state of confusion and have never left!
    Post Thanks / Like
    both the Walmarts in my area reduced their craft section down to just one aisle. Yarn has about half on one side and the prices seem to change almost daily - anywhere from 2.33 to 2.77 for red heart super saver and similar price changes on the other few brands carried. I now save my money and go to JoAnn's nwhen they have sales. also use as many coupons as possible and it brings the price down to less than walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must confess that I'm pretty fortunate, we have Walmart, Target, Micheals, ACMoore, JoAnnes. All in a ten mile radios. But I'd still be willing to go in on a letter or anything to bring the craft areas back to other Walmarts.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do that, I live in Wellington, Ohio,, have a cat, named Cali...I live in an independent living apt. complex.
    I love to crochet and knit, and do loom knitting, making hats for the homeless and less fortunate.
    It is going to be very humid and hot for the next 3 or 4 days., so I will be staying in to keep cool.
    I read most of the threads.
    Mary Parron

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1313 View Post
    My Walmart has recently cut down their yarn,crochet, and knitting section to a small isle and they have no wooden hooks. I'm just so happy they still have my yarn. well the yarn i needed has anyone else's Walmart made this terrible change? just wondering thank you for listening - Sarah
    Yes mine si doing the same thing. I asked if because there was a new Joanns going in but they assured me they hadn't cut back and in fact the sections was bigger. I wanted to ask this sweet young girl if my face looked like it had been born yesterday! Not!!!Carolyn

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a new JoAnn's move in about 35 miles from where I live. NOT impressed at all!!! The yarn selection is crappy to say the least.....hardly any selection at all. Pattern books offer a very limited selection. More than 1/2 of the store is devoted to material, sewing supplies, sewing patterns, etc. which is good if you like to sew. I will stick to the Ben Franklin store in that area. Better selection of everything. Most of what I crochet requires small amounts of yarn anyways and I have been lucky to find it at yard sales, thrift stores, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Wal Mart tried the same thing. Less fabrics, crafts, yarn etc. I guess a lot of people complained because now it is back almost completely. Try going on the Wal Mart web site, that is where I left my complaint.

Upper Peninsula of Michigan near Canadian border.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got a Super Walmart a couple years ago, and they totally eliminated the sewing dept. They have some yarn. A few books not much. We do have a Joann Fabrics in town. They must be thrilled. I like their quality and personalized service. I live near Canada so I can go there. They have several fabric stores but they are pricey. What's up with Walmart anyway? I really liked the one and two dollar a yard fabric they carried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, our walmart in Oberlin, Ohio a ways down the road, has cut back, some, they did get rid of
    the fabrics, just have a small amt of sewing notions...our Elyria store is a big one, and they seem
    to have some more yarns and threads.....
    Mary Parron
    Wellington, Ohio

Post Thanks / Like
    Our WalMart's are doing the same things. Alot of them do not carry fabrics any more either. A SHAME!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Some hope for someWalmarts

I, too, feel it is sad that some Walmart stores have decided to cut their yarn supplies to the bone. Here on Long Island in my area the Middle Island Walmart is the only one keeping a large supply of red heart, a decent amount of baby yarn, limited cotton yarns. The other Walmarts are carrying the bulky yarns, but in limited supply. I spoke with a few managers and they said it was based on the demand for yarn at each individual store. Walmart has, however, increased the amount of yarn it offers on line and will ship overnight at a very low rate. I use that method if I need additional quantities, but like most crocheters I like to see the yarn and color in person. I have already started teaching my four year old grand daughter to crochet. She recently helped me place fringe on a Lion wall hanging for her little sister. It is up to us to keep the craft going. Spread the skill to young people with the help of the free internet patterns and videos. Pam

11. Likes KathyFuller liked this post