Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Has anyone sent Walmart an email maybe we can all do it on one special day so they understand how important this is. With all actors and such using yarn maybe we can get some important support?
    Good stiching
    Billie
    we all should maybe they would get the point that most of us would rather have crafts than electronics we should have everyone we know send them email's about are disappointment in them. I'm sure everyone on here would
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Our closest WalMart has done completely away w/ yarn. We are in a tourist area and there is NO place around here to get yarn unless you go to the one small specialty shop that carries fancy high priced yarns....9.00 and up for 1 small ball! Who can afford that? Alot of seniors live in this area and I feel bad for them as they don't all have the ability to travel far distances just to get some affordable yarn. I go to yard sales and places like that for alot of my yarn as I only need small amounts for what I make. My daughters MIL works in a nursing home and when a resident passes she gets any yarn they had for my daughter, who then shares w/ me. Luckily I rarely have to buy yarn. The other WalMart, which is about a 40 minute drive from me, still has a fairly decent selection of yarn. There is also a Ben Franklin in that area and that is where I usually go if I need to buy yarn. They have a great selection of yarn, hooks, pattern books and all kinds of craft supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have 3 Super Walmarts within 4 miles from my home and none of them have anything worth talking about. One has a yarn area (I measured it) of 38" long on one shelf. They have a few hooks and 4-5 pairs of needles. Nothing else related to crochet or knitting. Another one has 2 shaleves about 4 feet long and most of the yarn is not there. Nothing in the way of an assortment of needles, pins, hooks, stitch markers, etc. The 3rd one has almost nothing, which goes along with the fabric dept. they were supposedly bringing back. It makes me very annoyed and I have stopped shopping there, as it does not pay to make the trip. Unfortunately the sales help (when you can find someone) has no idea of anything, so why even ask. Many poeople in my knitting groups have written to the corporate office, and to date no one has received any response (it goes to show how much they care about their shoppers).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats so sad maybe if we can get allot of people they will do something
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Many people complained to WalMart when we heard about the store changes but WalMart didn't seem to care.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    well we can have people boycott walmart maybe that will get the point across
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree with you however all these big stores go by what inventory goes faster. I agree that crafts are a dyeing breed, my husband even said last night that he's happy that I have gotten back into it. But it's all about what makes more money. And I've also found that the one thing I hear from people is that nobody seems to have time for it. It's easier for them to order from a company or small business than make it themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Walmart

Yes, I am quite upset about the yarn dept getting smaller. I am in Connecticut The forces that be do not understand that there are many women that still knit and crochet. It is very difficult for some to get to other stores which might be a distance from there home. The bottom line to these stores is what will generate the most money!!!
    I have just put in a large yarn order to KnitPicks. It is worth having it delivered and if your order is $50. or more, shipping is free.
    That is Walmart's loss!!

9. Likes Theresa L liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we will see more and more of this...people being forced to order online the goods they need and can't find locally. It's got it's good and bad points. I personally prefer to be able to look at the color and feel the texture in person. Sometimes the color you see on your monitor isn't the same as what arrives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone more tech savy then I should send them all our comments to show Walmart Headquarters where they are missing the boat.
    Judi G

12. Likes sarah1313 liked this post