Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the center of where 3 Walmarts are, each of them has cut back on their yarn sections also. With as much as I purchase from them I can't imagine they aren't having enough sales.....lol.

Maybe when the cold weather comes back they will do better at stocking their shelves with yarn.

Judi G

2. Likes sarah1313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure hope so I love their yarn its so affordable too.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately, the local shops just aren't carrying the stock that they used to as far as yarns go. It used to be that any of the craft shops would have aisles and aisles of yarns but now they only have a very small selection.

Even here in a large metro area where I've got 4 Walmarts, 2 Joann's, 3 Michaels and a Hobby Lobby store within one hours drive there still isn't very much of a selection. One ball here... another there.

Which is why I decided about 4 years ago to open my own Online yarn shop at http://crochetgal.etsy.com . I carry the full Red Heart line of yarns, the Boutique line of yarns and the Aunt Lydia's line of crochet cottons, as well as some of the ladder and ribbon yarns.

I also sell my finished work and my own patterns.

Although I'm limited in the space I have available for storage, I do place orders directly with the various yarn companies every month and am more than willing to order anything that someone is looking for.

And the benefit to you is that I ship worldwide so it saves you the drive!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

5. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Our Walmart cutback the craft section about 2 years ago and we have a Super Walmart. You would think they have the room for it but apparently not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone sent Walmart an email maybe we can all do it on one special day so they understand how important this is. With all actors and such using yarn maybe we can get some important support?
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering Sarah, did you use a pattern for that. I would love to try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our WalMart has next to no yarn and only a few balls of thread. They updated the store last year, cut back drastically on the yarn department, cut back on clothing, expanded electronics and added grocery items. Our Zellers store is closing early in 2013 so there goes that option for buying yarn. I drive to Mary Maxim in Paris, Ontario once a year to stock up.....3 1/2 hours driving one way.....and mail order from Herrschners the rest of the year. It is very frustrating not to be able to get the supplies I need, including hooks, when I need them.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

Post Thanks / Like
    I found good yarn @ salvation army(kinda like goodwill) it was a 6 or 7$ thing of yarn that i bought for $1.50 hope you all have good luck with finding yarn. at this rate the stores are insuring that my generation and all others will have their face glued to electronics instead of crocheting,knitting, and all the other crafts that are slowly disparaging.
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Our walmart did the same thing and even cut the book department in half two of passions crochet and reading diminished. Being disabled it is hard for me to go to book stores or craft stores too big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah1313 View Post
    My Walmart has recently cut down their yarn,crochet, and knitting section to a small isle and they have no wooden hooks. I'm just so happy they still have my yarn. well the yarn i needed has anyone else's Walmart made this terrible change? just wondering thank you for listening - Sarah
    Walmart has downsized their entire craft department. They have even excluded material fabric. They are especially limited with crochet and knitting hooks and needles. I am very lucky to have some wonderful yarn shops and of course Joans nearby.