Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Spoula! I see what you're saying, but while I'm learning to follow a pattern, I'd like to use the recommended hook that came with the kit. That way I can get a feel for different hooks and choose accordingly to my intended project as good as you

Post Thanks / Like
    How weird my photo posted twice. I thought it didn't take the first time so attached again. Oh well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RuntOfTheLitter3 View Post
    Thank you Spoula! I see what you're saying, but while I'm learning to follow a pattern, I'd like to use the recommended hook that came with the kit. That way I can get a feel for different hooks and choose accordingly to my intended project as good as you
    Hi, I understand completely what you are saying. My mother-in-law can crochet and knit like a machine made it. I cannot and she always tell me to use the yarn, thread and hook or needle that is recommended. I found out later that those hook and needle size are suggestions as everyone crochets or knits differently. I crochet very loose but I knit too tight. I need to reverse my technique. Ha Ha.

The nice thing about being your own artist is you can do it your way that is what makes your project special and beautiful.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes cotton is hard to use, and a splitting cotton OH MY!
    It took me a lot of practice and many pulled out projects to get used to cotton, I found I use the hook a little different, hard to explain, but I twist it more to work with the "sticky" cotton.
    I different type hook can make all the difference too, I have some that slide more, which works well for cotton yarn but not for other types yarn.
    I hope you enjoyed finding a new way to crochet.
    -Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julie,
    Yes, you are right that there are 6 sc's in the 2nd stitch. At the end of this round you will have 6 sc's. At the end of round 2 you will have 12 sc's. At the end of round 2 it will be a circle. I see Barbara posted a video for you. That will probably help you better since you can see the video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RuntOfTheLitter3 View Post
    Hi Julie,
    Your circles look nice.