Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Ribbon Yarn

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochetgal, I really appreciate this pattern for earrings. Sounds easy. Your sister is doing great with her necklace and earrings sets. Wow! Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Crye View Post
    Crochetgal, I really appreciate this pattern for earrings. Sounds easy. Your sister is doing great with her necklace and earrings sets. Wow! Thanks again.
    You are quite welcome Carolyn. Sometimes its the easiest things that are the hardest to see.

Should you be looking for more of the ribbon yarns, I do carry a fair number of them at
    View Ladder and Ribbon Yarns by crochetgal on Etsy
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes Carolyn Crye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I can't believe she can get that kind of money. I assume that the ribbon yarn is ladder yarn. I made 2 necklaces with ladder yarn. My friend made some earrings to match her necklaces. I believe she just made a chain as long as she wanted, then slip-stitched into the 1st chain then formed some sort of loop to slip over the ear wire. I guess that's simple enough to figure out once you start doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a number of ladder ribbon yarn necklace patterns available here for free
    Free Crochet Pattern - Ladder Ribbon Necklace

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thank you, Crochetgal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you consider putting a row or two of the ribbon yarn in a square or a hat? It would certainly be eye catching.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just purchased 2 bags 6 balls each of ICE ribbon yarn and am so disappointed. The color and look is beautiful but the feel is not what I wanted at all. It feels like what a steel wool scrubber feels like that I use to clean with. My granddaughter suggested I use it to make items to clean the sink. Ugh!!! I now know where all the recycled aluminum is going, this is definitely not something I can make an item of clothing with. The yarn is so inexpensive that the cost to ship it back for a return is not worth it. Crochetgal do you have pictures of the necklace and earrings sets you sister is selling or does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do with all this yarn? Help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can make a clutch bag with it. I even made a clutch bag from recyc;ed VCR tape. Recycle Cindy has instructions for it on her site. Crochet Pattern Central has lots of bags on their site. I recently made one from some silver colored ribbon. Although it wasn't stiff like yours is, that really would not matter. Crochet a chain as long as you would like the width of your clutch. Then just do single crochet back and forth until it is long enough to fold over and has enough for a flap. Fold over the bag allowing for a couple of inches for the flap and sew the sides of the bag together. I prefer to crochet the sides together. I think it looks nicer. Then edge the flap in some sort of scallop or shell stitch and make a buttonhole in the center or add a piece of ribbon loop for a button loop. Add a pretty button. If you'd like, you can crochet a long chain and attach it to each side to wear over the shoulder. And now you'll have a nice clutch/evening bag.
    Regarding the ladder ribbon necklace patterns, Crochetgal posted a link to the free patterns in the previous post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmajenny View Post
    I just purchased 2 bags 6 balls each of ICE ribbon yarn and am so disappointed. The color and look is beautiful but the feel is not what I wanted at all. Crochetgal do you have pictures of the necklace and earrings sets you sister is selling or does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do with all this yarn? Help!!!
    What was the fiber content of the yarn you purchased?

The Ice Cotton ribbon yarn are beautiful and many are using them for wearables. The nylon with metallics can be used for necklaces and shawls.

I posted a link earlier in this thread to patterns for necklaces that can be made with some of the ribbon yarns.

Some of the newer ribbon yarns are up to 5/8" wide as can be seen here
    affordable yarns soap dishes mannequins wearable art by crochetgal

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crochetgal,

Thank you for the post I will be making a lot of necklaces, do you know a site for earnings and bracelets as well? I purchased one of the ladder ribbon yarns made with 5% Lurex & 95% Polyester, I think the Lurex gives it the glittery look and also makes it scratchy. I was trying to make a bolero that uses the lions trellis yarn that is discontinued, I now see that they have better ribbon yarns that I could have used. I live I learn.