Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Chemo caps are quick and easy. I made some for Riley's in Indianapolis. I used several patterns and used different colors and made flowers for the girls hats, or sewed buttons on them. Plan to make some more in camo for boys. Also have some different types of buttons - cars, airplanes, etc. Just have to be careful and sew them on tightly. Also, little afghans for preemies. I got the patterns from an on-line free crochet site.

2. Likes Misty, yarnmama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you make the camo hats? Is it a matter of using a variegated yarn?

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a yarn that is called "camo" and is variegated shades of green and brown. There is also a pink camo for girls that makes really cute hats and such. I crocheted a pink camo hoodie for my granddaughter a couple of years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sweet Magnolia,
    Learn something everyday, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! I have so many ideas swimming in my head it's not even funny! I can't wait to get started on some of these projects. I especially like the idea of crocheting preemie afghans! When I do an afghan I always think of it as big and normal sized, but that would be so easy to do them on a smaller scale!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel the same way, so many ideas, patterns and so little time, Got a scarf pattern in my Canadian Living magazine. Its actually a knitted one, but I'm trying to get my cowl finished before I need to use it. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing you have to be aware of when crocheting for little ones is the size of the holes. Some hospitals are reluctant to accept blankets with a crochet pattern with holes large enough for a baby to get fingers/toes stuck in. Some hospitals cover them with a cotton sheet first though so it's not an issue. Check with the hospital to see what they want, over here it's mainly hats as prem babies in incubators wear a hat and very little else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I am mindful of the holes in the afghans. The preemie ones are tighter than the other ones I make. Also have some preemie hat patterns. I love making them. Some of them are so tiny, you wonder if a baby's head could really be that small, but they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Magnolia, could you share your preemie hat pattern with us?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Preemie Hat

I have to find it and scan it into my computer. I may be able to give you the website where I found it - and it is free.