Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried Sweet Roll yarn?

I was fortunate enough to find the new Sweet Roll yarn on sale on JoAnn.com plus free shipping! Have three rows done on a baby afghan with it. It's very soft and I love the colors and the stripe effect. Has anyone else used it? 😃

Post Thanks / Like
    No, but I've been tempted. Since you say it is soft, I think I will. Our yarn stores here are limited in their supply of yarn, and their cost is higher than online. Thank you. Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you asked. I bought a couple of skeins when I saw it on sale at Joann but haven't used it yet. I do a lot of amigurumi, but it's so soft I think it would be wasted on that. Your post confirms. I await inspiration for the perfect project.

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetcoterie,I think you are right about not using the yarn for amigurumi. I do ami as well. This yarn is simply too wonderful for that. Not that our critter creations aren't special! But the baby afghan I am making looks fabulous so far. I have six inches done. Hope you find the perfect project! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet roll

Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I was fortunate enough to find the new Sweet Roll yarn on sale on JoAnn.com plus free shipping! Have three rows done on a baby afghan with it. It's very soft and I love the colors and the stripe effect. Has anyone else used it? 😃
    I have made four baby blankets, several shawls and a big granny afghan. Love it. There are other ones very similar by other companies. I did find that if you look at the center when you get it, try to get ones that are wrapped very similar. Keeps the color uniform. Fun to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow--thanks for the tip, ladies! I'm always looking for something that feels good to work with. A friend asked me to make her a bolero-type vest. Cute and interesting pattern, but the color she chose hurts my eyes and I'm ready for something besides I Love This Cotton!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I've used it to make 2 baby blanket and it's a excellent yarn. It crochets up beautifully and so soft and fluffy. I recommend it highly. I was trying to find my pictures but couldn't but I promise you won't be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased 10 rolls at my Joann's. Haven't decided what to make, but it is soft and the colors are really pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    NannaD-What color/colors did you get? They are all so "delicious"! I am using Birthday for my baby afghan. Looks very girly and pretty. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen this yarn before after your post I when on line to see what it was. I love the colors.
    I want to make something new with vibrant colors maybe another little poncho or cardi.

Spoula