Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Block stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Block stitch

I have crocheted a block stitch Afghan and I love the results, but I was wondering if a hdc can be used instead of a dc?

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several stitch patterns, popular now, that are being called the "block stitch". Which pattern are you making reference too? The main difference between the dc and hdc is height of the block. It will definitely make a difference in the appearance of your project. The amount of yarn required will increase to achieve the same size as your project will require more rows to reach the same length.
    It would be up to you, the designer, to decide if results of using a half double crochet stitch instead of a double crochet will be useful for the design of your project.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I would think you could if you wanted to but the hdc is not as high as a dc. You might like the ehdc(extended half double crochet)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank u for replying. Im not real sure of the pattern...I found it online. Its where 3dc blocks are crocheted over a 2ch space of previous row. I like hdc's better than dc's so I just wondered if u could change em. I just read on another response of a extended hdc...I have to go find out what that is. ☺ the sound of it makes me happy. Ty again

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and Ty for responding. I haven't heard of the extended hdc so thank u very much for telling me about it. Im off to discover just what it is. The hdc is my favorite St and the extended sounds interesting. ☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Never heard of the extended HDC, but I will look it up too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered the same. And since I am working on one now I tried it. Whala it works just fine. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome