Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help needed with creating an earrings pattern

Hello!
    I need to create a pattern, i tried to describe it as good as possible
    Can somebody read it and try to make? Any ideas what to change in it to make it more clear ?
    Painted pattern is added.

Help needed with creating an earrings pattern-pattern-jpg
    Help needed with creating an earrings pattern-finished-jpg

Description i need to correct:
    Foundation Ch 7, sl st in first ch to join.

Abbreviations*
    sc - single crochet
    hdc - half double crochet
    dc- double crochet
    sl st - slip stitch
    sp - space
    sk- skip
    dc5tog double crochet 5 stitches together

Foundation: Ch 7, sl st in first ch to join.

Row 1: Ch 1 [counts as first sc], 12 sc in ring. Sl st in first ch of this row.
    Turn.

Row 2: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in same space, ch 2, dc 3 in same space as previous dc’s). Turn.

Row 3: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 2 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space, ch1, dc2 in same space), dc 1 in first ch of prev. row. Turn.

Row 4: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), dc 1 in first ch of prev. row. Turn.

Row 5: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 1, dc 8 in ch 4 space of prev. row, ch1, (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 6: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 1, (dc 1 in last dc of prev. row, ch 1, * dc 1 in next dc of prev. row, ch 1, repeat 6 more times from * ), ch 1, (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 7: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch 1, sc in next ch1 between two dc, *ch3, sc in next ch1, repeat from * 5 times, ch 3, sk next ch1 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 8: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3, sc in next ch3, * ch3, sc in next ch3, repeat from * 4 times; ch 3, sk next ch 3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 9: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3, sc in next ch3, * ch3, sc in next ch3, repeat from * 3 times; ch 3, sk next ch 3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 10: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3, sc in next ch3, * ch3, sc in next ch3, repeat from * 2 times; ch 3, sk next ch 3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 11: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3, sc in next ch3, * ch3, sc in next ch3, repeat from * 1 time; ch 3, sk next ch 3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 12: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3 of prev. row, sc in next ch3, ch3, sc in next ch3 of prev. row, ch 3, skip next ch3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 13: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), ch 3, sk next ch3 of prev. row, sc in next ch3 of prev. row, ch3, skip next ch3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 14: Ch 3 [counts as first dc], (dc 2 in ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space), skip first and second ch 3 of prev. row, (dc 2 in next ch 1 sp of previous row, ch 1, dc 2 in same space). Turn.

Row 15: Ch 2 [counts as first crochet], dc5tog in 5 dc’s of prev. row.

Thanks in advance, a beautiful pineapple earrings as a bonus for your work!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to make it and see if I can help you out. What did you have a question on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Thank you for your answer!
    I wonder if this pattern is good for use and if it is quite good to crochet with it.
    Actually i am not a native english speaker and i am not used to such kind of patterns (we use graphic patterns as one in the beginning of this post)
    I would like to get an opinion of somebody who is used to such kind of patterns.
    I will be grateful a lot if you can tell is it good for making an earrings. Please try to make it using this written pattern and tell is it good for using. if not - what can i change for better. Feel free to tell all your remarks, its important for me.
    Thanks in advance and for your response! I really appreciate your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Oksana,
    I don't wear ear-rings. I just wanted to help out.
    row 1-sl st in 1st sc - don't forget to turn your work after every row except the last row.
    row 2-by the same sp they mean right below your ch 3
    row 3-the dc 1 in 1st ch of previous row is the top of the ch 3 from what I can see
    row 4-the ch 1 sp is between 2 dc's
    row 5-it says to dc 8 in ch 4 sp but since you don't have a ch 4 sp, crochet in the ch 3 sp
    row 6- it says to dc 1 in last dc of prev. row, ch 1, * dc 1 in next dc of prev. row - (the last dc is the 1st dc because you turned your work at the end of row 5 from what I see. You will have a ch 1 between the dc's.
    row 7-when you sc in the ch 1, you are doing 1 sc in the middle of the ch 3 from what I read. I had to look at the diagram above. The numbers on the side of the diagram are the rows and the arrows show which way the rows go.
    rows 8-13 are pretty much the same
    row 14 is a little different
    row 15 - if you don't know how dc5tog then google it. I had to google it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it with a J hook and went down to a 1 hook which is a very small hook and it's still big. If I hold the top of the ear-ring up to my ear the bottom of the ear-ring goes below my chin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Oksana,
    I don't wear ear-rings. I just wanted to help out.
    row 1-sl st in 1st sc - don't forget to turn your work after every row except the last row.
    row 2-by the same sp they mean right below your ch 3
    row 3-the dc 1 in 1st ch of previous row is the top of the ch 3 from what I can see
    row 4-the ch 1 sp is between 2 dc's
    row 5-it says to dc 8 in ch 4 sp but since you don't have a ch 4 sp, crochet in the ch 3 sp
    row 6- it says to dc 1 in last dc of prev. row, ch 1, * dc 1 in next dc of prev. row - (the last dc is the 1st dc because you turned your work at the end of row 5 from what I see. You will have a ch 1 between the dc's.
    row 7-when you sc in the ch 1, you are doing 1 sc in the middle of the ch 3 from what I read. I had to look at the diagram above. The numbers on the side of the diagram are the rows and the arrows show which way the rows go.
    rows 8-13 are pretty much the same
    row 14 is a little different
    row 15 - if you don't know how dc5tog then google it. I had to google it myself.
    Thanks for answer!
    Actually i did not indicate - it was my attempt to create such pattern, having only graphic picture .
    It was me who made this text above sorry i messed you up. As far as i can see its possible to read it and create a finished thing, right? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    ch 3, sl st to join, row 1 ch 1, sc 2 in ring, sl st in 1st sc, turn. row 2 ch 2, dc 1 in same sp, ch 1, 2 dc to make it even. turn. skip rows 3-13. row 14 ch 2, 1 dc, ch1, 1dc, turn and go to next row. row 15 ch 2, dc 5tog all in the same stitch. You might like it if the dc 5tog is in the next 5 sts.

or
    ch 3, sl st to join, ch 1, sc 2 in ring, sl st in 1st sc, turn. ch 2, 1 dc in same sp, turn. skip the rest of row 2 and skip rows 3-14. crochet row 15.You can crochet the 5 tog between the 2 dc's or in the ch st or in the next 5 sts. or however you want to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyMom View Post
    Thanks for answer!
    Actually i did not indicate - it was my attempt to create such pattern, having only graphic picture .
    It was me who made this text above sorry i messed you up. As far as i can see its possible to read it and create a finished thing, right? Thanks in advance.
    You didn't mess me up. Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your help! Will change it as you advised! I really appreciate your support!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know we try to follow patterns as written but you probably want the ear-rings to be small. I would use a very small hook but it's up to you what size hook you use as I didn't see a hook size in the pattern. Unless you do the 1st 2 rows as written and skip rows 3-14 and crochet row 15 but then you won't have the pineapple pattern. I'll see if I can find another pattern for you.

I'm not so sure it's right to change patterns as we like because they're probably copyrighted. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

https://www.craftster.org/forum/inde...topic=227267.0 - small crochet pineapple ear-rings. The picture looks like the same pattern but smaller. This pattern uses embroidery floss.