Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry Theresa L, haven't been on a while but here's the link to drops designs Free Patterns ~ DROPS Design

2. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa... Love the Drops Design site. Got a few patterns I'll try one day...thanks again...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    sorry Theresa L, haven't been on a while but here's the link to drops designs Free Patterns ~ DROPS Design

Post Thanks / Like
    I taught myself how to crochet and it was with crochet thread, from sizes 0 - 10. I crocheted doilies, placemats, evening pantsuits, gowns, tops etc. using stainless steel hooks and thread. I thoroughly enjoyed doing them. It was not until I came to Canada that I began crocheting with "yarn". I am crocheting a bedspread as a wedding gift, and find that because I have using 'yarn' alot, my little finger, which I use to control the yarn does not grasp the thread as it used to anymore. I'll have to do more thread crocheting to let my finger know it has to be flexible. (LOL)

Post Thanks / Like
    crjc, I enjoy the thread crochet so much....wow, your gowns must be very beautiful...I actually made a shirt/blouse and it was hot were I was so I didn't finish the sleaves and just used it as a tank...I like to use yarn when I am tired and just want to keep my mind from fluttering.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Anaisa;11460]crjc, I enjoy the thread crochet so much....wow, your gowns must be very beautiful...I actually made a shirt/blouse and it was hot were I was so I didn't finish the sleaves and just used it as a tank...I like to use yarn when I am tired and just want to keep my mind from fluttering.

Hi Anaisa,

They were. When I was back in my mother country, the wife our Ambassador to the UK ordered a silver pant suit for a command performance at Buckingham Palace. I was 9 months pregnant, just waiting for my time, I stayed up late at night doing it. I made it out of Twilleys silver thread. It was gorgeous. Can you believe she went back to England and never paid me for it. Needless to say, my Dad was furious. Anyway, I sincerely hope she enjoyed wearing it. I still have a beautiful dress I made. Ofcourse it doesn't fit me. I will give it to my granddaughter. Twilleys was a UK thread. I don't know if they are still in business. I should check it out on the internet. Have a blessed day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow my computer is acting up....grr; anyways I do believe she would do that because although our art is greatly sort after people do not give us the deserved credit for the hard work we put into; even though we love it it's still work. My husband gets so mad because I either price my work so low or give them away and he says after all that work that's it? So we appreciate your work here and wish you the very best....I know your grandaughter will appreciate that, my sister just gave me some pot holders from her aunt...(we are so close we call ea other sisters) and I love them.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Wow my computer is acting up....grr; anyways I do believe she would do that because although our art is greatly sort after people do not give us the deserved credit for the hard work we put into; even though we love it it's still work. My husband gets so mad because I either price my work so low or give them away and he says after all that work that's it? So we appreciate your work here and wish you the very best....I know your grandaughter will appreciate that, my sister just gave me some pot holders from her aunt...(we are so close we call ea other sisters) and I love them.

I really should get back to using thread. I have some unfinished work that I keep planning to do and never get to it. It's been nice chatting with you. Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed and joyful Mother's Day. [I hope you are a Mom]

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Anaisa! I will check out the site this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies for ever!!