Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always loved to crochet and doilies are one of my favorite things to do. They are great to take on a trip, easy to pack and work on while traveling. I have made many over my 40+years of crocheting. Once you get used to the thread you just fall in love with the finished project. So many different ones still waiting to be crochet. Good luck ladies, and thank you Barbara for the link. Rena

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet doilies and am anxious to try the European stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to this website i think the patterns are awesome, looking forward to utilizing this website more often.EW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome ernie,
    I look forward to hearing about what you are working on.
    judi g

Post Thanks / Like
    I love doilies and have done a set of girl doilies for all the holidays and then some. I ordered the patterns on line and I love everyone of them. When I get tired of doilies, I go to yarn for awhile. I am trying to learn to KNOOK but for some reason it is not soaking in too well but maybe tomorrow (after I finish the afghan stitch which I am doing pretty well at).

7. Likes Patti Hale liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a knook too cotton, I got it just before Christmas and have only tried it once. I just seem to have so many projects going that I want to finish first. It does move along so much slower. Hope it will keep my attention long enough to finish just one project at least.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    It is more generally called the Continental style of crochet. I happen to crochet using the Continental method as my mother taught me when I was quite young, and she was born in Europe. I think the English or American style takes longer as you have to wrap the thread around each stich with your other hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know that. I haven't taken the time to work with my knook much yet. Sounds interesting.

Thanks.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by mamarose22 View Post
    It is more generally called the Continental style of crochet. I happen to crochet using the Continental method as my mother taught me when I was quite young, and she was born in Europe. I think the English or American style takes longer as you have to wrap the thread around each stich with your other hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done much with the Knook as I got interested in tunisian stitch and really like it. I am trying to do new stitches but just the basic stitch is very pretty. I am like Judy, I have so many things going that I need to settle down and get one at a time done. Plus I have cleaned out my old barn and am trying to get ready for a garage sale. I guess this is what keeps us young.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did know there were different types of crocheting in the world. I have several patterns that have both American and European directions. As near as I can figure, they call different stitches by different names! And it seems the thread is pulled through different ways. They probably have as much trouble with our patterns, as we do with theirs!