Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lion brand yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Lion brand yarn

Hi, I was wondering if anyone crochets with Lion brand yarn and if they like crocheting with lion brand. I happened to have some lion brand yarn and I'm crocheting with it but I don't like it. I think it's harder to crochet with. I don't like the feel of the yarn either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to crochet with bulky weight yarn for hats. I agree with you some of Lion Brand's yarns are harder to work with regardless of the weight. I like Lion Brand Homespun yarn because it is soft but I cannot see the stitches. So I don't use it. The worsted weight yarns are not as soft as I Love This Yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winter,
    I am crocheting 2 strands of yarn together of the lion brand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really enjoy Lion Brand Modern Baby. It's a chainette yarn and is half acrylic, half nylon. It is soft, has nice stitch definition, and makes wonderful baby/kid clothes. It is currently on sale online at Joann's for $3.59 and they have a $2.99 shipping special.
    That being said, I don't like working with LB's boucle - too hard to see the stitches for my old eyes (but I can still work with crochet thread!).

5. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found the homespun and some of the other 'specialty' yarns are easier to knit than crochet. I'm currently looking to see what size the Fast Track Yarn is. I wonder if it is #4 or #5.