Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Need help with a knitting pattern

Hello all,
    I see a lot of helpful hints and answers to question on crochet but my question is concerning a knitting pattern that has some confusing rows. I am knitting a baby sweater in the basket weave stitch. The sweater is started from the bottom to the top. It starts with 11 rows of 1x1ribs. Then the basket weave pattern is a repeat of 8 rows. My question is once you separate the fronts, the sleeve areas and the back the instructions say to continue to work in pattern (which I am assuming is the 8 row repeat). The pattern says k2tog work to end in pattern, work 1 row (ws). This makes no sense to me as where do you k2tog? If you start on the row indicated that has a 5 knit stitch for the buttonhole bands then the basket weave pattern starts. If I do the k2tog before I start the pattern repeats I will have messed up the pattern completely.Also when it states work 1 row (one row of what)? The k2tog is on a right side row the work 1 row I presume is the next row that in stocking knit stitch would be a purl row but is not in this case.
    I have attached the pdf file for the sweater if anyone can answer this question I sure would appreciate it greatly as I so not want to pull out 60 rows and start something else.
    The question part is the Left Front piece.
    By the way I am new at knitting learned the stitches by watching you tube videos.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images