Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: lapghans

Post Thanks / Like
    4 lapghans to see what the sides (beginning and end of rows) look like. The 2nd one is how I thought she meant in the pattern; otherwise I always crochet in the first stitch on each row.

1. Burgundy - I crocheted in the first stitch of every row (which is how I crochet) and on some rows I crocheted in the chain st at the end of the row and other rows I didn't crochet in the top of the chain st. so the sides are like a zig zag.

lapghans-100_5651-jpg

2. Gray - I crocheted like I thought she meant in the pattern so I skipped the first chain and crocheted in the top of the chain on the end of row for every row.

lapghans-100_5653-jpg

3. Pink - I crocheted in the first stitch but not in the top of the chain on the end of the rows.

lapghans-100_5655-jpg

4. Red - I crocheted in the first stitch and in the chain on the end of row. On this one I did one more chain - 105 instead of 104. This is the one that only is 44 rows.

lapghans-100_5648-jpg I'm just about finished with the edging on the red one. I stretched some of them to try and get the sides straight.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-08-2017 at 09:26 AM.

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie These are pretty. As for ends ?? If I dont chain at end, you stitch in 1st stitch. If ch at beg of row its to be used as a st and st in at top of ch. Confused, Im not good at explaining. Hope you figure it out. Susan2014

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, Jean Marie! I like the pattern you are using. I have saved it to my Pinterest Crochet Afghans board.
    Thanks for posting the photos.
    ~~ Hugs,Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Jean Marie These are pretty. As for ends ?? If I dont chain at end, you stitch in 1st stitch. If ch at beg of row its to be used as a st and st in at top of ch. Confused, Im not good at explaining. Hope you figure it out. Susan2014
    Hi Susan,
    I understand that you are saying that if you don't chain at the end of the row you crochet in the first stitch; and if you do chain at the end of the row then you skip the first stitch and at the end of the row crochet in top of the chain stitch.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a beautiful job!! Love the gray and pink ones!
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks._________

I did the edging on the red one and am blocking it. I started doing the edging on the pink one.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 02-09-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do laprobes and I sometimes put the ties where they can tie around their waist. This seems to help to keep the laprobe from sliding down.

9. Likes Southernrain55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the red one with the edging. I had a hard time blocking it.
    lapghans-lapghans-001-jpg

lapghans-lapghans-002-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You call always call the place you intend to donate them to and see what they recommend.

12. Thanks DIANALOWEDISALVO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did the edging for the pink one and the burgundy one and started the edging on the gray one.
    lapghans-lapghans-008-jpglapghans-lapghans-009-jpglapghans-lapghans-010-jpg

The burgundy one is more of a dark color but you can see on the lighter one that it is in two colors of burgundy yarn.