Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: lapghans

Post Thanks / Like

lapghans

I'm crocheting lapghans. I'm almost done crocheting my 4th one from the same pattern. The pattern says 41 rows which goes over your legs to just over the knees. I need to put the edging on them yet but I'm thinking about crocheting up to 50 rows. Do you think it would be better to have 50 rows for a lapghan? Also, I'm thinking of putting ties on the lapghan like someone else said they did but where would you put the ties - in the middle of the sides? These lapghans are Wheelchair Lapghans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the ties would work nicely in the middle area.
    And I think 50 rows would be nicer!
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Missy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have 3 lapghans that have 50 rows now and the 4th one is 44 rows. I ran out of that color. I do have some variegated color that has that color in it. I'm just going to go and do the edging on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Jean Marie, this is a LOVELY pattern! Thanks for sharing
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this pattern, and the color just makes you smile. Thanks for sharing it. I would also make the larger size then it could either be used on the lap or around the shoulders. Although I can understand why one would want to do it, in my opinion, I wouldn't add any ties so that there isn't any chance that they would get caught in the wheels or the mechanism of the wheelchair. It would be a shame to do all that beautiful work and have it damaged by getting tangled up in the wheelchair.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the chart on this website Afghan Sizes
    It states a lapghan is usually 36 x 48, so if adding the rows up to 50 are close to that size I think you are good.

I agree about the ties, as long as they are short it may work.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see in the pattern it's dc in 3rd chain from hook. In the video on how to dc the person says to go in the 4th chain from hook. The crochet book I have also says for dc to crochet in 4th stitch from hook. I had followed the pattern and started in the 3rd chain from hook.

I'll post pictures soon. I'm using a variegated yarn for the edging, which looks pretty. The other 3 lapghans I have enough yarn to do the edging, which would make the lapghan the same color as the edging. The lapghan is a solid color and, even though I have enough yarn, I'm thinking about doing the edgings on the other 3 lapghans in a variegated color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I've been doing sc, 5dc, sc all in one stitch, skip 3 and repeat