Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day

It must've been last June when she asked me to make her a blanket with 3 Greek letters and I got it done last Sunday night (November 19, 2017) and Monday afternoon (November 20, 2017) I sewed a 'iron on' on the back of it w/my name before going to the community center and mowed lawn when I got back. Tuesday I had Bible Study and then making pb&j sandwiches for the Bible club kids, coming home and about 3 hours (working on slippers for church) later going back to church and helping with Bible Club and then going back home. Tuesday night I finished the slippers for church and Wednesday morning put bows on some slippers and around noon brought them to church, got back home and did some house cleaning. I'll post pictures of the blanket soon. The pictures of slippers will be in another post which I'll also post soon.

2. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    It must've been last June when she asked me to make her a blanket with 3 Greek letters and I got it done last Sunday night (November 19, 2017) and Monday afternoon (November 20, 2017) I sewed a 'iron on' on the back of it w/my name before going to the community center and mowed lawn when I got back. Tuesday I had Bible Study and then making pb&j sandwiches for the Bible club kids, coming home and about 3 hours (working on slippers for church) later going back to church and helping with Bible Club and then going back home. Tuesday night I finished the slippers for church and Wednesday morning put bows on some slippers and around noon brought them to church, got back home and did some house cleaning. I'll post pictures of the blanket soon. The pictures of slippers will be in another post which I'll also post soon.
    Hi Jean Marie, You are a saint and very busy. I can't wait to see the blanket. You must tell us which technique you used for the letters.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-007-jpg Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-008-jpg Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-009-jpg Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-010-jpg

5. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-011-jpg Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-006-jpg

7. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    when it was almost finished
    Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-005-jpg Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-002-jpg

9. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finished blanket w/3 Greek letters and gave it to her on Thanksgiving Day-alicias-soriety-blanket-1-jpg My niece and her boyfriend on Thanksgiving Day November 23, 2017.

11. Likes karenlatlas liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, You must be so proud of how well this blanket turned out. You did a wonderful job with a difficult project. Your niece looks ecstatic! It took a long time and a lot of work but certainly was worth it! Dafy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dafy! Yes, my niece was excited. She really appreciated it. It took bout 3 months to crochet the white blanket alone without the letters or anything else and then it was a few days and then I decided to finish the skein of white which was about 2 or 3 rows and it was long rows which took about 45 minutes to 1 hour to crochet 1 row.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 11-25-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Spoula! The 3 big Greek letters were crocheted in hdc. I crocheted 4 pieces for the letter M and 2 pieces for the 1st letter. The 2 middle pieces of the letter M were just long straight rectangles w/a ch 2 on the end keeping the sides straight. And I saw on another post that I posted that it was the letter M that I decreased on one end which would've been the other 2 pieces of the letter M. When I was on the decrease side I turned without chaining.

For the letter 'I' when the middle part or when the straight line of the letter 'I' was wide enough when I got to the end of the row I turned my work and crocheted about how far I thought and then turned and crocheted back and turned and crocheted how far I thought again and so on for the top/bottom of the letter I (pretty sure I chained at the end of the rows) and then joined a piece of yarn on the other side and crocheted like I had done on the other side crocheting how far I thought I needed to for the bottom/top of the letter I on one side of each end. - (on the right side of both ends when looking at the letter I) Maybe the other side of each end should've had stitches added too but for the other side of each end (the left side), of the letter I the letter I was stretched to get the bottom/top of the 'I' and weaving in the yarn helped too to get the shape of it. The same for the first letter and the top or horizontal rectangle across the top of the first letter is a long rectangle w/a ch 2 to keep the end straight and when I started on the letters I did a hdc in 3rd ch from hook. I used a J hook for everything.

The letters in UPSILON were in hdc how long a rectangle I thought and then shaped and stitched on. The letter I in UPSILON was 3 pieces stitched together - the vertical piece and the two horizontal pieces.

The black triangle around the big 3 Greek letters was a long yellow chain and then I crocheted hdc in black and stitched it on the blanket .

The white blanket was the ehdc -extended hdc.
    The border was 2 hdc in one stitch, skip a stitch and 2 hdc in stitch, skip a stitch and repeat. I started the blanket with a chainless foundation row and wanted to do the blanket similar to the chainless foundation and the ehdc is like the chainless foundation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Thanks Spoula! The 3 big Greek letters were crocheted in hdc. I crocheted 4 pieces for the letter M and 2 pieces for the 1st letter. The 2 middle pieces of the letter M were just long straight rectangles w/a ch 2 on the end keeping the sides straight. And I saw on another post that I posted that it was the letter M that I decreased on one end which would've been the other 2 pieces of the letter M. When I was on the decrease side I turned without chaining.

For the letter 'I' when the middle part or when the straight line of the letter 'I' was wide enough when I got to the end of the row I turned my work and crocheted about how far I thought and then turned and crocheted back and turned and crocheted how far I thought again and so on for the top/bottom of the letter I (pretty sure I chained at the end of the rows) and then joined a piece of yarn on the other side and crocheted like I had done on the other side crocheting how far I thought I needed to for the bottom/top of the letter I on one side of each end. - (on the right side of both ends when looking at the letter I) Maybe the other side of each end should've had stitches added too but for the other side of each end (the left side), of the letter I the letter I was stretched to get the bottom/top of the 'I' and weaving in the yarn helped too to get the shape of it. The same for the first letter and the top or horizontal rectangle across the top of the first letter is a long rectangle w/a ch 2 to keep the end straight and when I started on the letters I did a hdc in 3rd ch from hook. I used a J hook for everything.

The letters in UPSILON were in hdc how long a rectangle I thought and then shaped and stitched on. The letter I in UPSILON was 3 pieces stitched together - the vertical piece and the two horizontal pieces.

The black triangle around the big 3 Greek letters was a long yellow chain and then I crocheted hdc in black and stitched it on the blanket .

The white blanket was the ehdc -extended hdc.
    The border was 2 hdc in one stitch, skip a stitch and 2 hdc in stitch, skip a stitch and repeat. I started the blanket with a chainless foundation row and wanted to do the blanket similar to the chainless foundation and the ehdc is like the chainless foundation.
    Hi Jean Marie, WOW! That is awesome. You figured out a good way to do the letters. It turned out really nice. Looks like she likes it too,that is what counts.

Great job,
    Spoula