Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I Have a Job!

Post Thanks / Like

I Have a Job!

Yes, believe it or not, I now have a job - I'm a crochet teacher! My husband found an employment ad and passed it on to me, so I called. The classes are being held in Needles, Hooks & Yarn, 209 W. Foothill Blvd., (626) 824-4101, a new yarn shop in Glendora, California (just minutes from where I live!). Currently I'm in the store Mondays 10 - 1 pm, Wednesdays 6 - 8 pm, and Saturdays 10 - 5 pm, but I'll accept appointments. The owner, Nancy, and I are trying to put together beginning and intermediate classes, but I will work with people who need help with a pattern too.

Nancy has me busy working up a poinsettia pin for "Christmas in July", but if it doesn't work out for July we can do it for December. I'm also working on a granny square openwork top/swimsuit coverup for a beginner class. There are also plans for a Cro-hook Tunisian baby blanket.

Right now the classes are two hours long and it's $80 for four and you get the fifth one free, plus you have to buy your materials from the store. If you are coming in with your own pattern and yarn for help, the classes are $15 an hour. Monday mornings and Wednesday evenings are "open" times for anyone to come and knit/crochet. Nancy also offers classes on knitting, weaving, and needlepoint as well as a wonderful assortment of yarns and accessories.

So if you know anyone in the Inland Empire of California that would enjoy a little social time while advancing their skills, please pass the word along!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congatulations!!

3. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your job. Enjoy. Sue

5. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post