Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Crochet Nylon

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by annpaul View Post
    Hi! Just thought I would let everyone know that when I asked for a shipping cost for 8 rolls of crochet nylon to Canada I was quoted $31.78. I just couldn't believe it that is outrageous. I guess I will have to go with something else for now.
    Wow! that is a crazy shipping cost! Were you trying to buy a whole truck load?!

Post Thanks / Like
    You could also check out the Dollar Stores. I saw some of the nylon twine in ours yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are still having problems finding crochet nylon, please let me know. I do sell the #18 size and I ship worldwide.

You can see the colours I carry here
    affordable yarns soap dishes mannequins wearable art by crochetgal

My charge to ship 8 rolls to Canada would be $17.00
    Last edited by crochetgal; 05-18-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: hardware store nylon. Look at it for yourself. See what you think. It may be a little thinner, or stiffer. But that may not matter for a chair pocket. Thinner will mean hole-ier (more drainage). If it is cheap enough buy one to try it out. If you like it, go back for more. I have made shopping totes with it and I like it. A good beach bag too, sand falls right out.
    Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the crochet nylon cord that I carry.

Crochet Nylon

Its available for sale at https://www.etsy.com/listing/7887007...rochet%2Bnylon

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet Nylon is a type of twist-spun nylon that is sort of shiny and sometimes a little slippery. You may have also heard it called #18 or #22 which refers to the thickness of it (the larger the number, the thicker the chord) JP Coats and Clark makes one they used to call "KnitCro Sheen" and I have seen another brand called "Craft Chord" but it is becoming rare to see it in the craft stores in the Gulf Coast area anymore. Try a google of 'crochet nylon' and see what comes up for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please note that Coats & Clark's 'knit-cro-sheen' isn't nylon but is in fact a mercerized cotton thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the spools of twine are made from nylon. You could also re-use plastic grocery bags, "plarn" for this project. There are lots of tutorials on line on how to cut the rings for crocheting and how to attach them. Cut the rings about 3/4 of an inch and I think that would be fine to use with size I hook. You can use a G through J with that width. This should work fine for outdoor use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmajenny View Post
    Try Omega, here is a website to order Creative Yarn Source aka Crochet Style Etc They are in Mexico, I have ordered from them with no problems and they are advertised in crochet magazines all the time.
    I just checked out this site. Looks good - lots of patterns for the nylon too. The yarn may be made in Mexico; but the site is Columbus, Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info but that is the site that whats to charge $37.00 for shipping.