Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    How come if I'm outside crocheting I don't like it if the yarn gets on the ground and yet if I'm inside and the yarn gets on the floor I don't mind it as much and if I see a piece of yarn on the floor I pick it up and brush it off. If I'm outside and the yarn falls to the ground I brush it off and use it but it bothers me more if it was on the ground outside than on the floor inside when there's probably more dust on the floor.

I probably do have OCD.

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth, dust brushes off much easier than dirt or grass stains. But I feel exactly the same way! Ooooh, be afraid, be very afraid!

3. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too am anal about mistakes in my crochet. I just HAVE to rip it out and re-do it, no matter how far back the mistake was!
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    With it being such a small square, I wouldn't think twice about frogging it. I'm like the majority of the others who replied. But then, when I make an error, that's the first thing I see. If it isn't obvious, I still know it's there. This is a minor little job, hope you choose to re-do it. {:0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what I'm going to do with the square I made that has the mistake. I won't use it in a lapghan. It would be hard to take apart as I already weaved in the yarns. Whether or not I have OCD , I'm not going to let that define me. And yes, I will make other squares.

7. Likes the hook and I liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped crocheting when I am tired. I always have to frog my work. Just a waste of time. lol Jean Marie!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    The square w/the mistake I took out and this is what I ended up with
    Do you see the mistake I made?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-jpg
    I had to cut some of the yarn. Well, I have a circle to start with.

And was Crochet Talk updated? This is a different screen. I was used to the other one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarn Pieces
    Do you see the mistake I made?-crocheted-cookie-basket-etc-011-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    what does between the posts and the next post mean on round 3? Is it just below the space or stitch right below the sc by the spike stitch or is it between the 2 yarns of the post or dc stitch? I'm crocheting just below the sc stitch just made right by the spike stitch. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Attachment 15003

I guess it doesn't help to crochet when you're tired.
    Hi Jean Marie, At last I can respond to what I see on here. I don't think it would be a good idea to use the square as it is now. I would either cut the yarn before the mistake and rip it out and add a new strip of yarn and crochet that portion of the square aqain. I think it would look 100 per cent better if you do that. It is too obvious and I don't think no amount of blocking is going to correct it, That is only my opinion, but but is up to you.
    BTW, I came home from the nursing home FRIDAY!
    I AM DOING FINE ! I will have a home visiting nurse. That will be good for rehab at home and other help. It has already started. I will be glad when I can crochet again. And I have a quilt out in my craft room that I was going to work on. Maybe I can do a little plastic canvass project???? I is true what they say... "you never miss the water until the well runs dry" in this case... my left hand! LOL!!!!!! Patty