Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  64
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad all of my adventures bring back great memories for other people. Enjoy them while you can!!!!!! Love ya all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi Gums View Post
    Hi Betty,
    Oh I love to play canasta. My family played it a lot when I was a kids and I learned it very young. Most people don't know how any more, but we still play at my house once in a while.

You brought back some good memories for me.
    Thanks,
    Judi G

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG - I haven't thought about canasta in years! We played when I was a child. My family loved it. Then I married a man who doesn't care for card games and I fell away from it. I have happy memories though.

4. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I belonged to a Canasta club in the town I previously lived in until I moved in March of this year, and I really miss it. Wish I could find somebody here to play. I grew up playing card games of all sorts and loved it.

6. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was in college a few?? year ago [during medieval times], there were nursing students who played and they taught me. It was a nice break from the books for an hour! I'd probably have to learn all over again, now. the Big guy doesn't play cards except for an occasional hand of Solitaire when he's really, really bored.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neice who learned to tat! How many of us can do that? Few of us own looms to make blankets. We don't spin our own yarn, or even grow the flax. With exceptions, we buy prepared foods, so we don't need to slaughter our meat or learn to cook! But then, we don't lug water from the town well, either. You could say that it is the common evolution of culture, but it is sad that so many fine skills are lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neice who learned to tat! How many of us can do that? Few of us own looms to make blankets. We don't spin our own yarn, or even grow the flax. With exceptions, we buy prepared foods, so we don't need to slaughter our meat or learn to cook! But then, we don't lug water from the town well, either. You could say that it is the common evolution of culture, but it is sad that so many fine skills are lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I taught myself to tat but I didn't find anything I wanted to use it for so I just dropped it and I don't know if I could pick it up again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Be patient with her. My daughter didn't appreciate any of the afghans I made for her till she was 40 now she has asked me to teach her how to crochet and knit in the last year. She made a baby blanket for a co-teacher that was the hit of the shower and has now started an afghan for her husband. She also made several baby blankets and hats for the neonatal unit of a local hospital I've been volunteering for. I am so proud to see that she now appreciates all the hours I put into my projects. She really has a new hobby that I am sure she will enjoy for the rest of her days. She had a similar attitude in her 20's.

Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter shows now interest in learning to crochet. She loves the afghans I have made her over the years, she just got a new one over the weekend, but says she just can't sit and work on it so long. She is now 35, maybe when she gets a couple more years older it will change her mind.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi,

My daughter is 38 and still tell me the same thing, and then she adds "Mom, wy don't you make me something when you have nothing to do." I guess I've spoiled them, cause she'lll probably get what she wants.