Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

type of stitch

Dear Gramma Peggy,

I believe it is a "Crossed Puff Stitch I found in the same booklet as Cliffene mentioned, 63 easy to crochet pattern stitches by Leasure Arts. You can find this in any craft store like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, even Hancock fabrics, and Jo Ann's fabrics and crafts. All book stores carry craft books. This is the booklet I learned how to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    The stitch look very much like Tunisian crochet. There are a number of Tunisian stitches. ikoest

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very pretty! I am looking forward to trying this stitch. Thanks everyone : )

Post Thanks / Like
    It is done thus: hdc, slip stitch. In the next row, do the hdc in the slip stitches, and the slip st in the hdc's. And you surely can't recognize the stitches by looking at the lovely results! I am looking forward to trying it out. Peggy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Peggie..its very pretty..have decided to try & make one also!

Post Thanks / Like
    The stitch really isn't that clear to identify by this picture. If there is some sort of crochet and knitting club in your local library or some other meet-up place or even a continuing education class at the local high school, you might bring it in and ask others if they can identify the stitch. To me it looks like one of the crochet seed stitches. I think it might be a dc and then sc and on the reverse side, a dc and sc.
    Last edited by mamarose22; 05-17-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! It is just a difficult stitch to identify: it is simple too: hdc, slip stitch. In next row, slip stitch in hdc, hdc in slip stitch. Cliffene recognized it. Try it-- it is gorgeous when finished. Be sure to end row with slip stitch. I haven't worked out how to do the row with holes. I think just a chain between hdc/slip pair.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a gorgeous stitch!! I LOVE learning new stitches. I am definitely gonna try to work up a swatch with the directions of hdc, slip stitch, hdc, slip stitch, etc. I also think it looks like the eyelet row is either dc with chain 1 between or hdc with chain 1 between as well. Although, dc, ch 1, dc, ch 1, etc. might also be it. I believe either would be beautiful. This is such a great place to learn and chat about our hobby. I don't really have any friends who crochet, so it's very nice for me. I'm really new here and I have had a lot of fun just reading the postings. Thanks y'all!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry i can not but it sure is beautiful!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your pattern is lovely. I will try it sometime.