Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Super Saver Yarn Softer?

Recently purchased Red Heart Super Saver skeins in four different colors. They feel somewhat softer than previous purchases. Is it only me or has someone else noticed a difference? Just curious. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Imalefty, I have been buying the Red Heart LOVE. It is so soft and very nice to work with. I love the colors that it comes in, too. I want to make a rainbow afghan and this yarn will be great with the colors. It costs more so I'm buying a few skeins a payday but have just about all I need now. I made an afghan for my granddaughter When she was in high school that using 2 strands started out[ 2 like colors, then one of the same color and one of the next color.] Say 2 blue then a blue and a green, then 2 green. I went thru the color spectrum that way and had a very nice afghan for a student. She played in the band all 4 years of high school and the afghan went every where with them. That was made with Hobby Lobby's yarn. What are you going to make with them? Margaret {{{ I am also a lefty.}}}}

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Texas transplant! The afghan you made sounds gorgeous. Sounds like you love color as do I. I have used the RH Soft and RH With Love. But ,as you mention, they are a bit more costly. I truly was happily surprised at the softer feel of the Super Saver. My project is a Stitch Sampler throw that is also called Lace and Bobbles. I was looking for a pattern to use up lots of leftover yarn. This pattern was an eye catcher. It is done in rounds not rows and the colors and stitches change frequently. Admit that I paid for the pattern but felt it was worth it as
    I was using so much yarn I already had. Lots of counting but I am enjoying working on it. Happy Stitching! Glad to chat with you! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the newest Red Heart Super Saver is indeed softer than it has been. I hope it wears as well as it did.

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,jinx! I thought perhaps it was only me. I agree in hoping it wears as well as in the past. What are you making right now?

Post Thanks / Like
    imalefty, I am making myself a vest in blue suede Red Heart Super Saver. If I was making a smaller size I would have been finished long ago. I think maybe the newer super saver is a bit splittier. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    jinx-so far no splitting problems but I haven't used the newer SS a great deal yet. Lots of color changes on this afghan! But I will be on the look out. Thanks for the info. The round I am on now has many bobbles and I love doing them! Any special stitches in your project? imalefty 😉

Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually knitting. I chose this pattern as it is mindless. It is knit from side to side so the garter stitch lines go up and down instead of around. I am searching for a new project. This is my project to work on when I have nothing else on the hook or needles. Easier to decided on projects in the winter. Then everyone needs mitt and hats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Red Heart Soft, and I like how it feels through my fingers. But to answer your question, yes, I have noticed that Red Heart Super Saver yarn does feel softer.
    ---HarriEtta