Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What are some quick crochet projects?

In the fall our church is planning a bazaar. What are some quick and easy crochet projects that I could whip up? I want to start them soon.

Please share your ideas, tips etc.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Thanks mejojo thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    crocheted towel toppers

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu12 View Post
    crocheted towel toppers
    What a great idea Lulu! Thanks so much!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    My first thoughts were magnets and coasters. I have crocheted appliqués and simply added a magnet to the back-quick,easy and cute. Coasters are nearly always easy and fast and you can go a little crazy with the colors. Have fun! imalefty

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about scarves for adults, hats for kids? If you want something really fast that have worked at my church bazaars try wormie bookmarks. Heres a picture of a boy's hat I made with a wormie. Just make the wormie with a longer tail. To make the wormie, chain a length about 4" to 5" long, in the 2nd chain from the hook place 4sc (4dc if your yarn is thin), continue up the chain to the end, continue making chains, taking up your beginning end, until you have the length you want. Finish off. Sew on 2 black bead for eyes. Quadruple a piece of black thread, sew it where a nose would be leaving 2 long loops of the quadrupled thread on either side. Tie the loops together in a square knot and snip the ends to about the length for whiskers. Make the loops long enough so you can manipulate them into a knot. Buttonhole thread works even better because it's thicker and stiffer but just double it instead of quadruple. https://web.mail.comcast.net/service...=734604&part=2

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    a good idea I use is to make dishcloths with kid designs and sell them as washcloths.....I know I personally prefer to use crocheted dishcloths as washcloths because I feel they do a better job of exfoliating and almost feel like a massage when you use them.....the kids like the designs as well

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catbalou View Post
    a good idea I use is to make dishcloths with kid designs and sell them as washcloths.....I know I personally prefer to use crocheted dishcloths as washcloths because I feel they do a better job of exfoliating and almost feel like a massage when you use them.....the kids like the designs as well
    What a good idea! I never thought of using them for exfoliating. Now I guess I'll be crocheting washcloths. I never made dishcloths because I just didn't like the idea of putting all that time and effort into making something pretty and then plunging it into dirty dish water.

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    should have mentioned that before I use them I soak them in vinegar water for a few minutes to help prevent fading from the soap

14. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally haven't tried them yet but I have several pins on pinterest crocheting netting into facial scrubbies and or dish scrubbies

16. Thanks peggy8650 thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about some crocheted roses, rosebuds and leaves or maybe a crocheted teddybear square

https://bonzostrikk.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/teddy/

18. Thanks peggy8650 thanked for this post
    Likes Butterflyrose liked this post