Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi SusanSoulShines- I found it- how I made the heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I myself pretty much do. I like to gather my details and do my planning 1st, then I start experimenting. When the pattern is my own design I've usually decided what type of piece it might make, like to see if it has a nice drape with a certain type of yarn I plan to try. Then I try new or previously used stitches or stitch repeat patterns that I've been wanting to try with various yarn I planned to use to see what I could make with it.
    If a stitch doesn't work with the pattern or yarn I had in mind, I either try another piece all together, or maybe just change the yarn for the time being. Sometimes I go with another stitch for the time being, depends on my frame of mind at the time & how creative I feel, or not! I always have new stitches in mind to see what works with what. Sometimes I take the easier route & just follows a pre-written pattern that I've seen and want to try.

Jean, are you talking to me about the heart that you made, that you refer to in your title?

I hope you're all having a good week and crocheting lovely goodies!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-12-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SusansSoulShines,
    Yes, I'm talking about the heart that I refer to in the title. Click on the words above on my post- the ones in purple-'Do you always know what you're crocheting when you start a project?'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi SusansSoulShines,
    Yes, I'm talking about the heart that I refer to in the title. Click on the words above on my post- the ones in purple-'Do you always know what you're crocheting when you start a project?'
    Sorry about the confusion, I wasn't aware that the question was a link! I don't remember us talking about a heart before but that won't be the 1st time that has happened, so forgive me. Nice heart pattern you came up with.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-12-2016 at 04:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Susan. It wasn't a pattern and I wasn't trying to come up with a pattern. I was just crocheting just to crochet and then after I crocheted how much I wanted to, then I rolled it up to see what it could be.