Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Sweater failure

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you could always follow Doris Chan's advice and choose a cardigan pattern you like and just leave the sleeves off! Remember, you are creating something special, so you can make it with or without sleeves, your choice. That's part of the fun of making something by hand.

And don't feel bad about your project coming out so wrong, I have a cardigan attempt that's been in a box under the bed for 3 years now... I had it over half done, it's a join as you go, that turned out with a huge hole where the first sleeve joins. I haven't yet worked up the courage to figure out how that happened...
    Last edited by Megcsti; 03-02-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really pretty but also complicated I think. I am more of a beginner so don't know if I can do this!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry about it Nancy. We've all been there. Here's one I made not too long ago and it is beautiful.

Ravelry: Women's Hooded Vest pattern by Maz Kwok

You can make it with or without the hood. Please note that it makes no allowances for those (me) who have hips. I made it for a skinny girl and it fits perfectly but if I make it again for me I will add a few extra stitches in the hip area.

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help. I chose a pattern that has sleeves, which I am leaving out. I am almost finished the sweater but need an idea for a pretty edge around the edge where the sleeve would be attached.