Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Thread: Prayer Shawl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna,
    I belong to our Church Prayer Shawl group and I've found using a self-pattern thread really makes a nice shawl. I also embellish mine with little crochet flowers and pearls. Makes a big difference when the double crochet gets boring. I love Simply Soft yarn, but I've made a few scarves using sock yarn and a J hook.....goes really fast and not a thread eater. Makes a lovely scarf for prayer shawl. We finally figured out we don't have to make a SHAWL. A nice scarf for men and women is usually worn more than a shawl and still gives the same feeling of love and comfort.
    My scarves are usually about 8 inches wide and at least 4 feet long. Time management going on here. ;o)
    Key

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi keylady50,

What a great idea! I've got some sock yarn in my stash and will definitely try it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All waiting until after the holidays to get busy with a new project. I really would love to find a worthy cause to crochet for. Not that there aren't any just so that I wouldn't have the shipping. Was going to order books on Amazon yesterday for Christmas gift. Just about fell over the books were $20.00 and the shipping was $49.00. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    Rita, hi from Mich.! I just finished a prayer shawl for a dear friend. I used HDC throughout entire shawl, and used long , 8in.fringe of same yarn. It is made with Sensations Sincerely grass green (pale turquoise) 100% acrylic and is totally WASHABLE. Used an I hook and is just beautiful! Once in a while we have to pat ourselves on the back for a great idea. Merry Christmas, Caroline

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Valentine
    I wish I had the time right now to start a new project, I guess I should just do it and then I can pick it up at any time. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm currently working on prayer shawls for two dear friends. One is dealing with a recurrence of colon cancer and the other has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I'm using my basic pattern that I use for my butterfly shawls
    Crocheted Lacy Butterfly Shawl Desert Sands earth by crochetgal
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    ctochetgal - that is a beautiful shawl! It goes on my list!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you norricia for the free pattern sights, VERY MUCH!
    Key

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crochetgal, would you consider sharing this pattern with us?
    Key

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not yet written the pattern. This is one that I've just created by 'experimentation'. Its my most popular selling shawl so I really should write out the pattern some day and put it on my website.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices