Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these ideas! These will make wonderful Christmas gifts along with a crocheted dishcloth and hand towel with a topper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how I used to do them.
    The width of the tulle and the size of the hook are not important as long as you are consistent (don't change in the middle of one).

Magic circle doesn't work well with the tulle as the stuff doesn't hold up to being pulled on when it is in the strips.

Starting: Chain 3,Join with SLst to make ring.
    Round 1: Chain 1 (counts as first SC), 2 SC in ring, *Chain 1, 3 SC in ring* three times. Chain 1, join with Slst to close round.
    Round 2: Chain 1, (counts as first SC), turn work. in Chain 1 space, 2SC, Chain 1 2SC, (corner made) SC in each SC to next Chain 1 space, repeat corner. SC in each next SC to third Chain 1 space, repeat corner, SC in each next SC to last Chain 1 space, Repeat Corner, SC in each next SC, Join with SlSt to begining Chain 1.
    Continue Round 2 until desired size of square is complete. It is a solid (or modified?) Granny. These wear better than simply doing rows back and forth because it edges/finishes itself. Bind off and weave in the end, and if you can, use a lighter to melt that end just a little to get it to adhere to a spot that is not very noticeable, like between stitches. This will keep your tail from escaping later as the scrubbie is used.

I hope this helps and answers your question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing that pattern, DeaconsWife. I have already saved in my projects file. Just one question. Do you work this with the tulle & dishcloth cotton thread at the same time?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a scrubbie that someone gave me that is just a rectangle - 4 rows of double crochet; 15 or 16 dc and a turning chain - made from tulle only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carynjoyb hope Im replying ok Im a real newbie. You have given me a very easy & useful way to use up my tulle. Thank you very much Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    I might actually make these this weekend just to try this out. Plus it will make me feel like I'm working toward my Christmas goals. Is it weird to be excited about such a small project? lol