Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I also saw some at a craft show. The lady said she just crocheted two squars , then sc around them. Worked out great. The thickness will really depend on how wide you cut your net, and what size hook you use. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made quite a few round scrubbies. But I use nylon netting, cut in in strips and knot together. Can get about 5 scrubbies out of 2 yards. But I would be interested in the square ones too. I use the tuleing for the bath not quite as scratchy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you find the nylon netting and the tulle in the fabric sections of the store, like Hobby Lobby?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can.

5. Likes KathyFuller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the nylon netting at hobby lobby for 1.29/ yard. Then saw it in walmart for .97/yard I make my scrubbies double layered, seem to last a little longer. Once I get my strips cut and knotted together I roll it into a ball it does soften up after a little while to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is this "tulle" you use to make these "scrubbies?" Is this a fabric? I prefer to use Lily Cotton or regular yarn to crochet those squares for afghans or doilies.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is nylon netting that you get in the fabric store. Then you cut it into strips about 2 inches wide and use it like yarn. You will have to either tie it together or just pull it through your stitch like you would when adding new yarn. It is hard on the hands when you work on it a long time; but the results are great. I use mine for dishes, tubs and anything else I can think of. They really work well, last long and are not expensive....and you get to make them yourself. You can make it any shape you want, just put two together so it is thick enough. The round ones usually puff up. I start with a chain 2, put about 6 sc in first ch; join, ch1 and put two sc in each sc around, join...and keep adding rows till it is the size you want (usually about four inches), inc. accordingly to make it lay correctly. Then when you get two of them, put wrong sides together and sc them around to join. When I end off I work the last four or five inches through to tack, then with the needle push the rest inside to make it a little fuller. You need to buy about 2-3 yards of the netting, but you will get several out of it. If you know how to fold the plarn or tee shirt material to make one continuous strip, you can do that. If not, you can google it on line. Good luck and let us know how you do. Joan

Post Thanks / Like
    I found nylon yarn at my local Walmart! It is a bit rough on your hands like the tulle, but it's already to use and seems to last quite awhile-For people that don't want to cut tulle, etc!

Post Thanks / Like
    The scrubbies that I make out of tulle are round. I use 3 inch strips of tulle (6 of then for a small scrubbie). Start w a chain4. join w 2 sc in 4th chain and continue 2 sc in each sc xs 2 strips, next 3 strips 1 sc in each stitch. Decrease w last strip, should have a little tail left to tuck in.