Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Update on Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Update on Tom

Thank you so much for all of your prayers for my brother. The surgery went really well, Praise the Lord!! They were able to do it through the femoral artery with no problems. He will be in recovery all night so they can monitor him and moved to the floor tomorrow. Thanks again it's so wonderful to know we can pray for one another. Love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Winnie, I'm just now seeing this post, I haven't been on here much the past few months.

Is your brother still doing well from his surgery?

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelled it's so nice to see your smiling face on here☺ my brother Tom is home and doing OK he needs to take it easy but he knows how to do that I do wish I could help him but I don't have the strength and I'm not allowed to be around cig smoke!! My other brother David got out of the hospital yesterday Sun. he had pretty much the same thing I had when I went in the first time with my stomach. He is doing a little better every day the Dr told him to take it easy for 2weeks!! My Dr never told me that I think he knew I would be too weak to do anything. Well I'm going to try and sleep take care love you Winnie

4. Thanks dancingbaehr, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes MeerKat liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I also just saw this post. I am so happy Tom's surgery went well and that both he and David are out of the hospital. Praise God!
    How are you doing? Are you better now?
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo, I am a lot better I am feeling stronger every day Yay!!!! I'm off the antibiotics so I don't feel sick to my stomach all the time PTL !! I talked to Tom for about an hour and he is still weak but doing ok the big thing is he never has to worry about that anuerisym again. David is still pretty weak but he just got home on Sun so hs going to need another week or more. God is so good to us all just because He loves us. How awesome !!!! You and Bill be safe and have a great vacation. Love you both Winnie

7. Thanks dancingbaehr, Nova55, Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Jo, I am a lot better I am feeling stronger every day Yay!!!! I'm off the antibiotics so I don't feel sick to my stomach all the time PTL !! I talked to Tom for about an hour and he is still weak but doing ok the big thing is he never has to worry about that anuerisym again. David is still pretty weak but he just got home on Sun so hs going to need another week or more. God is so good to us all just because He loves us. How awesome !!!! You and Bill be safe and have a great vacation. Love you both Winnie

Hi Winnie,
    That's all great news!! God has answered our prayers!!!
    We're still in Florida, at Bill's sister's house in Ormond Beach (just above Daytona). Going to go walk the beach in a little while. It has been chilly and very windy, so we haven't been to the beach yet. Finally a nice day today. YAYYY!!!
    Stay well, my friend!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Winnie,
    That's all great news!! God has answered our prayers!!!
    We're still in Florida, at Bill's sister's house in Ormond Beach (just above Daytona). Going to go walk the beach in a little while. It has been chilly and very windy, so we haven't been to the beach yet. Finally a nice day today. YAYYY!!!
    Stay well, my friend!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Have FUN, Jo, on the beach! I'm so jealous LOL. My 2 boys recently moved to Ft. Lauderdale (from north Alabama). They live in an apartment a mile from the beach and they're working together. They love it!

Winnie, I'm so glad Tom is doing so well, still. I hope he's having a good day, and you, too. I hope you're still feeling better.

Hugs,
    Shelley

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Have FUN, Jo, on the beach! I'm so jealous LOL. My 2 boys recently moved to Ft. Lauderdale (from north Alabama). They live in an apartment a mile from the beach and they're working together. They love it!

Winnie, I'm so glad Tom is doing so well, still. I hope he's having a good day, and you, too. I hope you're still feeling better.

Hugs,
    Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    Bill & I went to the beach this afternoon to walk, but I was freezing! It is in the 60's and there is a very strong wind. We didn't go far and turned around and went back home! We haven't had much good, hot weather yet in Florida and we've been here since Jan. 22nd!!! Our next stop is Key West, so we will have hot weather there. (I hope!) Florida in the winter isn't always warm!!! BUMMER!!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie my Prayers still go out for You and your brothers. God Bless. Susan2014

Pittsfield, Wisconsin which is 7 miles west of Green Bay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie, So good to hear you and your brothers are doing better. Your brother had an aneurysm? Any aneurysm is serious. I had 2 brain aneurysms in 2013. September 2013 I went to Madison, Wis. for surgery in which the doctors weren't sure I would come out off. The left side aneurysm was a giant (3cm) across and the one on the right was 1 1/2 cm. Both of them were in my carotid arteries. All I can say is the Lord was with me that day and March 2014 for the second surgery. I now have 3 stents in my head and every two years I have to have a MRI to make sure everything is ok. So I hope that your brother will be ok from his, Praise the Lord, He is surely good. Hugs to you..Kathy
    Last edited by bristol2002; 02-12-2016 at 12:27 PM.