Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone out there who likes making doll clothes for 18 inch dolls

I have bought some dolls for grandaughters from Target that are like those expensive dolls but are much cheaper. I have made clothes for my grandaughters and they are 8 and ten so I know a few more years and they won't be interested. So I want to make a crocheted outfit for each of the dolls I have. I bought a bunch of wire boxes you put together and have some for storage for my yarn and the others are to display my dolls. The girls like to go look at them. I am the type of person who will always like dolls and enjoy making different outfits. Just wanted to see if there is anyone else who enjoys doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just checking Guess I am in this alone. That's ok I like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love making 18" doll clothes. I made 15 outfits for my granddaughter for a Christmas gift. I've completed 2 outfits in January. I finally found a use for all the leftover yarn from other projects and for too good to pass up single skein purchases.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have just begun crocheting clothes for my great niece's 18 inch doll. I would like suggestions for getting free patterns, or purchasing inexpensive ones, or the type of yarn to use. Because she lives 3 hours away, I have not been able to try the clothes on the doll, so I am hoping they will fit her. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love them! I have a 6 y o granddaughter. She loves them. I got her 3 of the ones from Pat Catan's (like Michael's). I have all kinds of free patterns. I'm on Pinterest under Judith K James.

Hugs,

Judy

Post Thanks / Like
    Look on free patterns for 18 inch dolls on computer. Annie's Attic has patterns to buy. Baby yarn is good for doll clothes. I would suggestion you buy an 18 inch new generation doll from target so you have a model. My grandaughters didn't like me to use their dolls for awhile. Just easier to get one of your own. I haven't made any yet with size 10 crochet bedspread cotton and size 6 0r 7 hook. sport yarn or baby yarn it is usually an f hook. You will get some ideas of your own. But just type in on computer clothes to crochet for 18 inch dolls. American doll patterns work too. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a lot of clothes for my friends' granddaughter, but now she is too old for her dolls. I rally enjoyed making them.

8. Likes BarbaraH liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to crochet any doll clothes. I go to goodwill and garage sales and buy dolls ,take them home make new clothes then donate them to homeless shelters . A good way to pay it forward.

10. Likes conmaree liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 65 and love dolls. I collect them. I have 111/2" Barbies, 16" Tonner fashion dolls, 15" Gene dolls 18" American Girls and the slim bodies 18" found in Wal-Mart and other retail stores, 19" CED fashion dolls , 22" American Model dolls,Madame Alexander dolls 5", 8", 10" and 16", Marilyn Monroe doll, Princess Diana, Scharlett O'Hara, Michelle OBama, Tiffany Taylor, Violet Waters, Tyler Wentworth just to name a few. I have over 350 dolls. I sew and crochet for these dolls. I have hundreds of free and purchased patterns. I could provided you with free web-site if you like.

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to make 18 inch and Barbie doll clothes and I have found a lot of free patterns here....

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sear...het%20patterns