Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the tips. I'll be sure next time. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Maus View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I'll be sure next time. Lol.
    So you got this one figured out? I'd be curious to know what the problem was!

Post Thanks / Like
    When you started crocheting on row 1 what chain number did you start on? I can't read your instructions. But it might be that simple? I know I'v messed up at that point. I get so excited to get started I just start. The cape I made for my friend I closed the hood like a cap like five times before someone asked me why.
    So can you get someone to listen to you read the direction? One of my friends has no idea what I'm saying but it helps. Heck I have read them to my bedroom mirror. Did you say the name of the pattern? Maybe I can see for myself. Don't stop. Think how pretty it will be when you finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    does 1dc/sc in next - mean to do 1 dc and then in the next stitch 1 sc across row? (just wondering)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    does 1dc/sc in next - mean to do 1 dc and then in the next stitch 1 sc across row? (just wondering)
    Hi Jean, No, that's not what she's saying. She's saying that dc is the UK stitch to make at that time, and sc is the American stitch to make at that time.
    She combines the two diff stitches for each country, if that makes sense, I think as a way of saving time mostly, but that's what got so many people confused to begin with since she never really explained it.
    I think it's a not so great idea because you tend to see both and can mess up easily if not marking off a printed out paper pattern very carefully while working it.
    Then someone figured it out and asked her, but it would have made things easier if she's just said what she was doing in the beginning - but now we know!
    I think she might have changed the way she does them now, I'm not sure, I know something in her patterns has changed for the better. I get her patterns via email and follow her site and fb page.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-13-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern that Linda Maus has above says it's an afghan. The pattern directions are

Foundation Chain: Multiples of 18 + 2

Row 1: Skip 1ch, *1dc/sc in next, rep from*, turn.

Row 2: 1ch, * 1dc/sc into back loop only of next st;rep from*, turn.

Row 3: 1ch, * (is that a 1?) dc/sc into back loop only of next 3st, 2ch, skip(6 sts? or is that a 0 or a 5), work [ 1 tr/dc + 1ch] - 6 times in the same st, 1 tr/dc in the same st, 2ch. skip 6 st, 1dc/sc into back loop only of next 2st, rep from*, 1dc/sc into back loop only of last st, turn

Row 4: 1ch, * (is that a 1?) dc/sc into back loop only of next 2st, 2ch, work 1 puff st * 1ch in each space of 1ch below, 1ch, skip ( 1 or 7?) dc/sc below, 1dc/sc into back loop only of next dc/sc below;rep from* 1dc/sc into back loop only of last st, turn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa,
    filet crochet free pattern
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9429480440177213/

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    is that what sc/dc means? the British/American terms.
    MyPicot | Free crochet patterns