Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa/kl1000,
    If you go to the top of the page where Linda posted the pattern and click on 'my picot afghan' ( in purple) and a box will come up and if you open the file you can change the pattern to a different language.

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa,
    filet crochet free pattern
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/9429480440177213/

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    is that what sc/dc means? the British/American terms.
    MyPicot | Free crochet patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    The pattern is in UK and US terms. US is the later if the two . Dc/sc. Us us Sc. So you'd only do sc not both . I figured it out!! I think I was losing a stitch at the end of 2nd row. I think . Lol. Thank you for all your suggestions and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Linda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    is that what sc/dc means? the British/American terms.
    MyPicot | Free crochet patterns
    Yes, mypicot always does hers that way but at 1st hardly anyone understood what she was doing! Now we all know.. she has great pattern ideas!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-13-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda Maus View Post
    Yes pattern states multiple of 18 plus 2. I did a "swatch "of 18 X 2 plus 2= 38. Which works. But when I do 18 X 8 plus 2 I come up short 2 stitches. I'm thinking that there u s an error in the instructions. Maybe I should try (again ugh!!) Multiple of 36 plus one so that it includes the entire pattern as indicated on row three in diagram. I don't know. Frustrating. I so want to do this though. It is so pretty and interesting.
    Heck, just add 2 more stitches and at least see if it works... sometimes you have to do what you must, and you might come across an error in the row or something which will tell you what was wrong!

If you do have extra chains after a very long 1st row, don't undo your work (ie don't frog it), just hide the extra chains if it's less than 4-5 or so by weaving them into the work with a tapestry needle if the stitch allows it to be hidden well. That's a tip I found when I had my blog site up.

Some people also untie the foundation chain starting slip knot, undo or add chains, then re-tie it - which IS tricky, lol, but possible if you're careful.. better than undoing a long row and foundation chain!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-13-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an excellent tutorial by mypicot on reading diagram patterns: MyPicot | Free crochet patterns

This one is awesome too, very basic but extremely helpful: Introduction To Reading Crochet Charts - A free step-by-step crochet tutorial by Shibaguyz Designz - Shibaguyz Designz

A simple diagram pattern for beginners to get a feel for it: How to read Crochet Chart Symbols - Photo Tutorial

Hope these help, they're some of the guides I use! I took a class on it but experience and practice are still the best teachers
    Susan
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-13-2016 at 10:25 PM.