Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting

I thought this was going to be an easy pattern. I am working on the Front. I am making a Large size so I would have to have the Front same as Back until 7 rows of armhole shaping have been completed. My question is:What are the 7 rows? Do I crochet (where it says in pattern Shape Armholes:row 1) this row 7 times? Otherwise, if I did the Shape Armhole row:1 and then for row 2 the medium size for row 2 twice cause I'm doing a large size-that would be 3 rows. What would I do for the rest of the rows if I did that?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the pattern:? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-014-jpg ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-015-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    After I repeat row 2 twice for the large size was I supposed to do row 3 (that's just above where it says large size only.) I did row 3 (at the beginning - row 1, row 2, row 3) 7 times and then I went on to where it says:Shape Shoulders:row 1 and then fastened off. did I do it wrong? I did , didn't I?
    ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-016-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    This is the pattern:? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-014-jpg ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-015-jpg
    I realize the row 3 that I'm supposed to do (where it says: For Large Size Only:................rep row 3, 7 times............) the row 3 they mean is the row 3 that's in bold print (just above where it says: For Large Size Only.

Post Thanks / Like
    So for the Back is that 10 rows on the Shape Armholes?(row 1, 2 rows of row 2 med. size only = 3 rows and then row 3 (the one in bold print) 7 times = 10 rows. and the same thing for the Front (10 rows.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the picture of it that's in the book.? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-pattern-017-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Where it says - shape armholes:row 1 - I'm figuring on 41 dc for the large size. I don't know why they have the dc w/the parentheses () twice unless the 2nd () is the total number of stitches counting the ch 3 - 41 sts + the ch 3 (which counts as a dc) = 42 sts.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the Back:I did the Shape Armholes:row 1 and 2 rows of the med. size for the Large size that I'm doing and then row 3 , 7 times and then I did the Shape Shoulders : row 1

Now I'm up to the Front. It says to work same as back until 7 rows of armhole shaping have been completed. The way I read it is: Shape armholes: row 1 , row 2 of medium size twice, then do row 3, that = 4 rows. Then I would repeat row 3 3 times - a total of 7 rows.

Does that sound right to you? Am I reading it right?

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished it. I finished the crewneck pullover. I was really pushing myself to get it done. I started the sweater on Christmas eve and was weaving in some yarns New Year's Day Morning. I got it done but ended up having to take something for a headache because I was pushing myself so hard to get it done. The sweater is too big for him but he will grow into it although the sleeves are a bit long but he can always roll the sleeves up. I had almost run out of the yellow yarn I was using so I decided to use red and green to finish the sweater.

The baby outfit is too small for her daughter but she's pregnant and going to have a boy and she can have the outfit for him.

I forgot to take the camera but my husband got a picture w/his phone. Here are a few pictures of the sweater. In the 1st picture you can see a little bit of my feet on the bottom of the picture. I thought I had it so my feet weren't in the picture. Oh well.

? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-crocheted-sweater-slippers-001-jpg ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-crocheted-sweater-slippers-002-jpg ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-crocheted-sweater-slippers-006-jpg
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-01-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    baby outfit? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-baby-outfit-002-jpg ear-warmer ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-ear-warmer-jpg slippers ? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-crocheted-sweater-slippers-004-jpg? on crewneck pullover I'm crocheting-crocheted-sweater-slippers-005-jpg