Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Afghan Help Needed

Hi - I'm making an afghan that is single crochet with each row worked separately. The pattern requires leaving a 6" tail on each end for fringe.

My question is - once the afghan is complete, do I need to do anything to secure the 6" fringe so that it doesn't unravel the afghan? Or is that a non-issue?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Marsha

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, I hope my thoughts help. Not seeing the pattern I would guess when you get to finish you will tie them to make tassels. I'm sure someone else will offer some help also. I'm sure you read to the end of the pattern so just review. I know I get so excited to start nothing else matters until I try to fall asleep lol. Good luck and Happy Holidays. P.S. It would help to help you better if we could see the pattern. Just add the name so we can look at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but here's a link to the pattern.

https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail...1908&cat_id=24

4. Thanks billiebob thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Afghan Help Needed-img_4637-jpg

Here is a picture of the fringed edge.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks what a beautiful blanket. But what I could see was that the threads were tied but not a tassel. Good luck, Please let me see it finished. I get so excited and get so ahead of my self. If I didn't watch I'd have so many projects going.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Thanks what a beautiful blanket. But what I could see was that the threads were tied but not a tassel. Good luck, Please let me see it finished. I get so excited and get so ahead of my self. If I didn't watch I'd have so many projects going.lol
    So are you saying I need to tie them, or leave as is?

It's halfway done, so I'll post a picture when it's completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    From past experience I don't believe you need to do anything with the fringe. Maybe trim long ones but that's about it. On afghans I've done that are self fringing pulling the strands will only make them tighter. You are doing exceptional crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marsharini View Post
    Hi - I'm making an afghan that is single crochet with each row worked separately. The pattern requires leaving a 6" tail on each end for fringe.

My question is - once the afghan is complete, do I need to do anything to secure the 6" fringe so that it doesn't unravel the afghan? Or is that a non-issue?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Marsha
    Hi Marsha,
    At the end of a row, before you start the next row, can't you have 6 inches of yarn? Anotherwords, you crochet the last stitch in the row and then figure how much yarn you want for the fringe at the end of the row but don't cut the yarn just start your next row. You can cut and tie it later. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually you add strands of matching yarn and tie to make fuller fringe on the ends, for example on the yellow and black section you would add several strands of yellow and black and tie altogether for a fringe at each end of that section and so on. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info, and thanks imalefty for the compliment.