Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie - No, I didn't make this angel; I copied it off Pinterest. As an adult I did get into crocheting lace ornaments including angels, and when I saw this sweet one I knew I had to give tatting a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carynjoyb View Post
    I switch back and forth with my crafting. I do a lot of crafts. Currently, quilting, knitting, drawing (published a coloring book),crocheting and making rugs. I teach beginner crochet and how to make a "toothbrush rug". Always busy making something.
    Hi Carynjyb! If I didn't know better I would say I posted this post! We must be twins! I have done all but the knitting! I still can't knit and am too old now to try again, I have no interest in learning to knit. I never heard of a toothbrush rug but I bet I could learn that one! But I love to crochet, macrohme, (sorry for the sp), sketch, paint pictures, painted murals (one was on our motor home), plastic canvas projects, decoupage, embroidery, quilting, wooden projects like miniature wooden chests, a kids picnic table and full size one with benches and a couple of wooden park benches for my patio. rocking chair for little kids ,I have never published a coloring book but have made some. You name it I probably have done it, but I am sure there other crafts I haven't done!
    WE need to post some of our project pictures! I would love to see yours. We should get together, but I don't travel much anymore. Happy crafting!!! Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 11-13-2015 at 07:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    For me it's one project after another and at some point I have to take a break from crocheting;And sometimes I still crochet when I should be taking a break from crocheting. There are so many things that I want to crochet that when I'm done with one project, and glad to be done with it, I start crocheting something else or continue crocheting something that I had started. Sometimes I might untangle yarn in-between projects or read in a book or something but I'm right back at it.
    Since I learned to crochet thru youtube videos, I've taken classes and learned more about the technically correct aspects of crochet and have bookmarked all the various kinds of crochet too. I plan to focus only on crochet now, my life of shopping and buying so many various crafting supplies is over due to Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, so I live with the misery of chronic pain. But crochet I can handle well altho the shoulder and wrist pain is a lot worse from it.

There's enough variety to to crochet to keep me busy for a lifetime, using different yarn weights, doing wearables, home decor, and so much more that is a pleasure to make and watch it come to life. Thru my blog site I met other crochet lovers all over the world and made lots of friends that I talk to often.

I am hooked, addicted, cannot go a day without crocheting for a while, and haven't picked up a book nor wanted to since crochet is the only thing that helps me focus. I've done so many different crafts in my life but honestly have basically no more interest in them now since I have so many things I want to crochet.

I also have read both non-fiction and fiction constantly non stop all my life, but my mind began to wander a few years ago and it wasn't doing enough to keep my mind off of my pain That's not my main reason for doing crochet tho, I LOVE to create and am amazed by it... I have all the awesome things I've made to use, wear, decorate with, donate, etc

As long as I have yarn I'll be hooking it. Everything and nothing causes me pain, so what else is new to me?!? I get a thrill over new patterns, different yarn... I like watching videos of other people crocheting and teaching stitches and stitch pattern repeats, it gives me ideas for my design and pattern writing. Crocheting is the most enjoyment I've had in life in a very long time, my husband said he admires my creativity and sees a noticeable difference in me being happier since I started crocheting. To me it's never a dull moment, and I only stop to cook, clean something, or whatever else takes me from doing it! then I can't wait to get back and do more.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-14-2015 at 03:07 PM.

4. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get tired of crocheting sometimes when I have projects that I have promised to people that I need to get done or projects that have a time stamp on them like birthday gifts, Christmas gifts etc.

I recently Crochet'ed a Volkswagen beetle bug that took me 2 months to complete. It was for my nieces new baby boy due in January but I wanted it complete by her baby shower which was last weekend. It came out so cute. It's a convertible, has doors that open. the hood and trunk open. The music box is in a clear plastic window that I used as the engine. The car has seat belts, a radio, Dice on the rear view mirror and the glove box opens (with a mini registration inside). The license plates have the baby's first and middle name and I put a bumper sticker the read I 'heart' U. A lot of work and detail went into it but at the end of the 2 months I thought if I ever picked up another crochet hook it would be to soon. That lasted about a week then on to the next project LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Murnah,
    Sounds like you were busy!! That was a lot of work. And to be able to do that. Post a picture of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also switch from Crochteting to quilting to family history: I've started doing amigurumi's also, which I consider crocheting. I find if my hands aren't busy I get very antsy!

8. Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Murnah,
    Sounds like you were busy!! That was a lot of work. And to be able to do that. Post a picture of it.

Here are a few pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-148-jpg Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-157-jpg Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-150-jpg Do you ever get tired of crocheting?-151-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    How adorable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Murnah,
    You really worked hard on that and it paid off. Very Nice! Cute! Good Work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I get tired of crochet at times. All I make are things that I donate to charities. I went to a church that actually had a group that met every Friday night to crochet or knit things for their Christmas ministry to the homeless. I don't go there anymore and I sure miss that group. I have found 1 group but everyone there is either making things for themselves or friends and families or they have their own charities they donate to. Sometimes I think about visiting them again but they meet during "Saddle-up Saturday" on INSP! I got hooked on this because some of the ladies from the church group which meets on Friday nights also watch the western and crochet! LOL

Right now I crochet while watching CNN and FOX while trying to keep up with the Paris attacks.... my oldest son lives in Paris.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!