Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I am ok, Susan. I stayed up way too late last night so I am going to bed early tonight before midnight. Lol
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    I am ok, Susan. I stayed up way too late last night so I am going to bed early tonight before midnight. Lol
    I know, neither one of us gets enough rest!! Luv ya gf

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lehmankm View Post
    Any secrets to finishing a stripped pattern?

4 different colors/stripes are only 4 rows each. Have a (zillion) ends.

I know I could try crocheting them in but they really don't stay that well and it always shows. If I sew them in as I am going, I would have to stop every 4 rows. If I do neither I end up with a mess i.e. a zillion ends to figure out what to do with. Hum...now I remember why I don't usually do multi colors...
    lehmankm - I tried to accept your friend request, did it show up on your end? It's always acted odd on my end so I just don't mess with it, lol, but we're friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I am like you , I use a needle and run that end thru the yarn . That way it can't work it's way out. I leave the ends kinda long then I have enough to be sure it is caught good. I can always cut some off if I have too much. and we talked about this before, those make good ends to put out for the birds and their nests in the spring.
    Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like

change in yarn for birds

Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Susan, I am like you , I use a needle and run that end thru the yarn . That way it can't work it's way out. I leave the ends kinda long then I have enough to be sure it is caught good. I can always cut some off if I have too much. and we talked about this before, those make good ends to put out for the birds and their nests in the spring.
    Margaret.
    Hi Texas transplant! I wanted to tell you this so everyone else can read it to, concerning the yarn for birds to use. They've had to revise that list of things to do with yarn scraps, and they say now not to put it out for birds at all because of two things: one is that their 'feet' get caught in the yarn & causes them danger, and the other thing is that the acrylic yarn and dye in the yarn is bad for them too. Just letting yall know I read that. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, was accepted...Thanks

Still have not gotten to my stripe color project. Sitting in basket waiting to be finished. Have a couple of baby blankets I am finishing first. Have lots of stuff finished and put away, maybe I will pull some out and take pics and then try to figure out how to post. Today, however, I have to put up my carport topper. Oh so much fun...