Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will crochet as long as I can sit there and have literally dropped asleep and just laid my hand with the crochet hook in the work in my lap and doze off and then wake up and start again and go to sleep again and again and finally give up and o to bed.. And yes we are silly and so addicted to our crocheting! But its better crocheting than drugging or drinking any day!

2. Likes crochetdiva liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this same thing countless times! I actually frequent the head nod/shake to keep myself awake. I will start nodding off mid stitch, and then my head yanks up, and I shake my head to wake myself up again. After about the fifth time doing this, I usually say, "Enough is enough, I'm going to bed". One row or round later I actually go to bed, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean, I truly understand what you are saying. I get stubborn and not want to go to sleep because I'm having so much fun crocheting. I usually end up falling asleep in the middle of a stitch. I wake up with my hook in hand and in the stitch I fell asleep doing. I think it's funny!!! But that's life I suppose!!!! LOL Enjoy, Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

Tired but crochet anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Do you crochet when you're tired? I was tired enough to just go to bed but I wanted to get a little more crocheting done. Even if I can't think clearly because of being tired I crochet. When I crochet when I'm tired I might not be seeing straight either but still want to crochet. Can anyone relate?
    Jean Marie
    Yes, but I usually do this when I want to just finish something and it makes me feel so good that I've finished it. Not a big project, but just a small one. Carol Grandma 722
    GRANDMA 722

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely relate Jean Marie. I crochet while sitting at my computer listening to my dozens of audio books I get from Audible. Unlike reading a book, or my Kindle, they keep my hands free to crochet. I get so engrossed in the stories that I forget about what time it is. Before I know it, it's 2 or 3 a.m. But I have to admit, I'm getting an awful lot of crocheting done in the process. And since I don't have an alarm to worry about most of the time, I don't feel guilty about sleeping until 8 or 9 a.m. the next morning. Gotta love retirement!