Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Copyright Issues

I need some advice please. Can we crochet popular items like Disney characters (frozen), minions, etc. and sell them to friends or for a fundraiser etc. without getting into copyright issues? I am not sure about selling on E-Bay or Esty. Would that be a no-no? Really would appreciate some guidelines so I don't get into trouble. Thanks Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on crochet View Post
    I need some advice please. Can we crochet popular items like Disney characters (frozen), minions, etc. and sell them to friends or for a fundraiser etc. without getting into copyright issues? I am not sure about selling on E-Bay or Esty. Would that be a no-no? Really would appreciate some guidelines so I don't get into trouble. Thanks Kay

Hi HOC, I had addressed this on my blog site so I happen to have a few links on it. Read paragraph #4 on the 2nd link, but this 1st link is really interesting! Disney has taken people to court over the Frozen stuff, so you decide from reading these!
    On etsy or e-bay be very careful, they have people looking on there! For friends and such, that might be easier to do without getting into trouble!3rd link for more FYI. Here's the search I used, you can look up other company issues. One of these links has superhero patterns for free on it, I think the 1st one about Mary, and here is her free pattern Ravelry page link: Ravelry: Designs by Mary Smith.
    Have a nice day!

Mary Has Copyright Issues With Disney – So She Is Giving Away These Patterns

Copyright Law - Patterns

Why does Disney ‘go after the little guys’? | FreshStitches
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-19-2015 at 03:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Brother Disney embroidery machine, the manual tells me I can make things for myself or a limited amount of gifts, but it is totally illegal to sell Disney items, it against copyright law. Some people in Europe or elsewhere sell Disney designs. but I think they must be out of reach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patrogers View Post
    I have a Brother Disney embroidery machine, the manual tells me I can make things for myself or a limited amount of gifts, but it is totally illegal to sell Disney items, it against copyright law. Some people in Europe or elsewhere sell Disney designs. but I think they must be out of reach.
    That's what one of the links I sent her says!!